THR RinTinTin Recovery Thread

Hey @RinTinTin
Great update! I'll bet you're so happy to have surgery behind you and able to have a proper recovery without a second joint bothering you. Super happy and excited for you! I can't even imagine hearing those surgery sounds :yikes: Luckily you must be out of it enough to not be bothered by it.
Wishing you comfort, a peaceful evening and lots of restorative rest. :)

So happy to hear you're done and resting in your room with minimal pain. Now you can down to some serious recovery and I know you'll do great! Keep us posted how things go.
:thumb: :happydance:

I am so happy to find your update, congratulations! Now you are really on your way.
You are so kind and have been so patient, you deserve the very best in this recovery.
I hope you sleep some tonight.
I’m not sure you will recall, but I heard the carpentry too and it wasn’t awful for me either.
I figured it was the happy juice, indeed.

You are one of the double hippies now!

Last edited:
I am so happy to find your update, congratulations! Now you ate really on your way.
You are so kind and have been so patient, you deserve the very best in this recovery.
I hope you sleep some tonight.
I’m not sure you will recall, but I heard the carpentry too and it wasn’t awful for me either.
I figured it was the happy juice, indeed.

You are one of the double hippies now!
Of course I recall. Good thing it’s over . I will try to sleep or at least nap as much as I can. I am not a good sleeper in beds that are not mine

I am not a good sleeper in beds that are not mine

Me either! Even worse...strange pillows. :groan: I have to travel with mine. Even forgot it once in North Carolina and had to have it mailed back to me. :heehee:

Hopefully you're out of there soon to the peaceful respite of your own home where you can get comfy and rest easy without all of those unwelcome interruptions.

Wishing you comfort and a cozy nap in your own space soon! :yawn: :sleep:

Of course I recall.

Then you are doing well! My brain was mush for weeks post op.. husbands says it still is, but thats another story.
Good luck tonight! Sleeeep...sleeep.
Do we trust your husband? Lol
I managed to get some sleep... not much but tons of naps. This hip is slightly different... a bit more constant pain than before but still manageable. Dressing was changed this morning and I was told the wound is clean and not bleeding. PT came and helped me to get up and walk to the stretcher to go for an X-ray. Leg very stiff. Sitting now in the recliner and waiting for the lunch. Hope everyone is doing fine

I am not a good sleeper in beds that are not mine

Me either! Even worse...strange pillows. :groan: I have to travel with mine. Even forgot it once in North Carolina and had to have it mailed back to me. :heehee:
Thanks for the nice vibes .
Isn’t it funny how we get attached to things that work for us... like you and your pillows?

Hi, my new double hippy pal:dancy:
I hope you got your power nap in and I remember it can be quite difficult to get comfy anywhere for long these early days, and then add the fact you have had to overdo the sitting stuff for some while now waiting for your second hip party.
I hope this recovery keeps going up and up so that by the New Year you will be back to your organized happy self. (Nope, Still havent de-junked):blush:

I hope you sleep well tonight.
Safe travels back to your happy place tomorrow. Home Sweet Home!
@RinTinTin

Soon, you will be home again and we all know there is no place like home for rest and comfort. Have many naps through the night and a safe trip home.

I hope you sleep well tonight.
Safe travels back to your happy place tomorrow. Home Sweet Home!
@RinTinTin
I can’t wait to get to my recliner. I know it will be tough again but at least there won’t be any hospital distractions... since yesterday there are 3 codes blue and 2 codes white

Soon, you will be home again and we all know there is no place like home for rest and comfort. Have many naps through the night and a safe trip home.
They are good to me here at the hospital. The nurse even offered a sleeping pill for tonight which I declined but may change my mind a bit later

I can’t wait to get to my recliner. I know it will be tough again but at least there won’t be any hospital distractions... since yesterday there are 3 codes blue and 2 codes white.
[/QUOTE]

In my experience it can be very difficult to get decent sleep in a hospital. Soon you will be home!:sleeep:

Hope you get home and comfy today.
I can’t wait to get to my recliner. I know it will be tough again but at least there won’t be any hospital distractions... since yesterday there are 3 codes blue and 2 codes white
How dare people code out in the hospital adding to our stress and interrupting our sleep.:heehee:
Seriously though, it is stressful and your recliner is calling.
Still sending healing vibes :ok:

Hi @Mojo333, I guess we get used to all the distractions. I had much better sleep and feel pretty rested at the moment. The pain is under control at the moment and I keep icing and do the calf pumping, bum squeezing and other exercises I can perform at this stage.

The PT came and got me to walk with the walker to the fitness room to re-learn going up and down the stairs. My OS came too. Yesterday’s X-ray is good and he is very pleased again with the outcome of this surgery too. I am cleared to go home with the same meds as list time. Will see him in two weeks to remove the staples.
So far so good

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member