BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community
  1. ATTENTION: Download the new BoneSmart® app today! This FREE app is available for iOS or android phones and tablets and will allow you to connect to the forum on all of your devices. The old Tapatalk app is being discontinued so get the new app now.

Get The app HERE

Dismiss Notice

Right TKR rescheduled to 5/30

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by crhdeh, Apr 3, 2018.

1. crhdeh

crhdeh new member

United States United States
    2/28 TRK denied by insurance until I lost weight, so I continued with the weight loss program and had bariatric surgery on 3/20. In total I have lost 47 pounds and os says he will be able to get the surgery approved for 5/30. I had hoped that the knee pain would have subsided a little with the weight loss but it has not happened. I am extremely nervous about the surgery but at the same time I looking forward to it and the time when there is no knee pain.

2. Celle

Celle FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

New Zealand New Zealand
    Well done for losing the weight.
    You deserve to have this surgery.

3. SusieShoes

SusieShoes FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

I’m so glad you have your surgery scheduled! I’m beyond impressed with your weight loss and how you went through with this high-intensity plan to do the bariatric surgery first. You are one determined woman. :yay:

No amount of weight loss will help a knee when it’s gotten to the end and is severely bone on bone and arthritic. Been there. That pain is horrible. One thing is sure: that bone on bone pain will be gone after your surgery. You’ll notice it right away. You’ll have surgical pain, but that goes away as you recover.

Cheers to you!

4. crhdeh

crhdeh new member

Thank you, I am very determined. I've had knee problems since I was in my early 20s but in the last 15 or 20 years they have gotten so much worse. The OS that I am seeing now has been the first doctor that has really helped me and has set me on the right tract to getting my knees fixed and not just patched up.