TKR Right TKR coming up

F9h

Country
United States United States
You could say the ship is just getting rolled out to the launchpad. Waiting on a surgery date prayerfully before year's end. (deductibles and all that stuff) and I want to get this over with so (only maybe) I can get some kind of quality of life by spring.
Seems what pain I had in the hip "went" to the knee and now it's 10X worse.
One look at the X-ray and I didn't have to sell the surgeon on speed at all. PT warned that it'll be painful but it can't be much worse than it is now.

The pain is making me more crabby and cynical than I already am so I can't wait !
I'm using the same surgeon and anesthesiologist whom I both trust implicitly so that's good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry you're dealing with pain and likely facing an additional surgery. Hopefully you're able to concentrate on the benefits the hip surgery brought and focus on the better quality of life you'll have after your knee is no longer holding you back. I will leave some pre-op reading for you to familiarize yourself with and best wishes for your comfort as you meet with your OS and make decisions to move forward. Stay in touch, we're here for you!

KNEE PRE-OP ARTICLES

If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:

Regardless of where you are in the process, the website and app My Knee Guide can help you stay organized and informed. The free service keeps all the information pertaining to your surgery and recovery in one place on your smartphone. It is intended to be a personal support tool for the entire process.

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at some stories of amazing knee recoveries
@F9h

Ah! That's the one thing we did-finally got a recliner. This time I know there's no way to go without one.
Thanks-gonna go over all of your material.

I had a recliner also and cannot imagine my recovery without it. :thumb:

I noticed your therapist indicated your will endure a lot of pain following surgery. Please keep a watch on this as therapy should not be so aggressive that it results in more than just a mild discomfort for you.

I hope you are able to get a surgery date soon. We're here for you to help in whatever way you need both before and after your procedure.

Been busy.. Feb. 8 is the day. PT was concerned at pre-op appt that I can't get the knee straight, but he also brought up how well I healed from the hip.
I'm more worried about the overnight immobilizer. I could use some thoughts on this, (what if I have to run to the bathroom-IBS) and how quickly you folks were able to get out of the house (getting rides) after surgery.
Reason I ask is, I'm in AA and getting to regular meetings is important for my mental health. I'm more concerned about that more than the surgery.

Thanks

@F9h Are you sure they will be using an immobiliser post op. Not sure why this would be necessary. But be sure the let staff at the hospital know you are worried about it.
how quickly you folks were able to get out of the house (getting rides) after surgery.
As you probably know from your last recovery, you will not be an invalid. You will not leave the hospital until you are fully mobile and moving around on your own. If you can get a ride to your meetings by all means, do attend them. In the early days all the activity may be tiring. But this will ease with time.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back