THR Right THR

The robotic tools only help with the cutting and shaping of bone, to give a slightly more accurate fit for the prosthesis. No soft tissues are involved, as they are usually pulled out of the way, not removed.

Quick starting "Week 6: summation

Week 6:

• Just had the 6 week post-op Doctors visit yesterday 30 Jan, 2020. X-ray: Implant still exactly where they put it and cleared for everything but submerging the incision in water (bath, hot tub, etc.)
  • Pain- none other than the first weight bearing step or two (level 1 pain max) and its way down from week 5.
  • Will start stretching more and strengthening the leg very gradually this weekend
  • Sleep – still not where I want it but getting better
Week 5:
  • Pain - none other than the first weight bearing step or two (level 2 pain max)
  • Walking – 3 times a day at 15 minutes per walk
  • Sleep – still kinda fitful more mental than physical with the movement restrictions
Week 4:
  • Pain - none other than the first weight bearing step or two (level 2 pain max)
  • Sleep – still kinda fitful more mental than physical with the movement restrictions
  • Driving – started driving 11 Jan, 2020
Stupidest thing I’ve done so far – used a stool to step up onto a table to get something off the wall then doing it again to put it back up. Not smart with the movement restrictions.

Week 3:
  • Had the 3 week post-op Doctors visit. Took bandage off and said incision looks great. Cleared to shower (thank god).
  • Swelling is way down except around incision.
  • No more PT visits
  • Pain – developed the stagger step – pain (level 2-3) upon weight bearing on operated leg for first few steps. Other than that no pain
  • Work – back to work 6 Jan, 2020 (19 days after operation)
Week 2:
  • Walking – 2 times a day at 10 minutes per walk
  • Nurse did first bandage change (7days after op) – Hairy leg so that was painful !!
  • Still doing PT twice a week. PT very happy with my progress
  • Pain – none to really speak about – ended pain meds on 30 Dec
Week 1:
  • Operation 18 Dec, 2019 Right THR
  • Everything went well with the operation. Bone density was great, x-ray afterwards was great.
  • Released from hospital morning of 19 Dec, 2019
  • Stopped using walker 21 Dec, 2019
  • Stopped using cane 23 Dec, 2019
  • PT and nurse visited – PT twice a week

You're doing great!
I wish I would have kept better records of my recovery as I may need to go through this again. Six weeks already, time does move rather quickly once you're feeling a bit stronger. At least I thought so. Keep up the great work and enjoy the weekend!
@Godzilla1964

Pre-Op (for anyone) I would recommend strengthening the leg as much as possible (squats, walking, stretching). The Dr had me take like 5000 mg per day vitamin D2 six weeks before the surgery (I continue with 1000mg a day post surgery). Also I have been using a Collagen Peptide Powder Supplement in my coffee every morning for a few years and I think that helped a lot too.

I couldn't have done one of those pre-op if you paid me. :yikes: Didn't that hurt?

Do you mean Vitamin D3, or did your doctor prescribe D2? I need to educate myself on D2. I do supplement with D3 year round but live in the cold, dark nether regions of the country. :snow plough: Glad you're doing well.

I could hardly walk without pain pre op so I performed no training or strengthening as it was not possible. We all have different levels of movement pre surgery. Now post surgery life is great and walking is great.

In fact when I checked it was Vitamin D3 I was taking not D2 (D3 absorbs better than D2). Dosage was also in UI's not MG's.

I never took anything in the way of supplements. I concentrate more on diet and as far as the D's go I eat plenty that has it and some foods are fortified with it.

I agree with diet first, but I do supplement as I struggle to keep it in the recommended range during the Winter months living in the frozen tundra up north here.

Happy Two Month Anniversary! @Godzilla1964
I hope you continue to thrive and are enjoying your healing journey.
Hopefully this year is one of your best! :SUNsmile:

Happy Five Month Anniversary!
How are you doing? We’d love to hear. Hopefully all is well with you as you continue your recovery.
Have a great week and leave an update if you have time. :)
@Godzilla1964

It's three months not five just yet.

Everything is going great at month 3. I'm into the stretching and exercising lightly phases now. Another month and I have my 4 month check with the surgeon.

Anyone have any questions I might be able to answer based on my surgery and recovery so far?

Oops, Sorry, my mistake, wasn’t thinking. :wink:
Happy THREE Month Anniversary!
Best of luck with your four month check with your OS next month.
Let us know how it goes and have a great day. :)
@Godzilla1964

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
corvettejanie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom