Lounge Doctor

THR Right THR rescheduled

cannygirl

LTKR December 11, 2017
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello, my surgery is finally rescheduled for April 27 2021

I have been waiting since 2018 and been pushed from 'pillar to post'. I finally gave up waiting on the NHS and booked to go privately - scheduled for April 2020 but this was cancelled due to covid. Now finally I can start to see daylight but my mobility has reduced and my muscle tone reduced and my weight increased.
Is there anything I can /should do in the 3 weeks I now have?

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
@cannygirl Great that you finally have a date! There is really not much you can do in 3 weeks. Focus on preparing your recovery area of your house. Perhaps freezing small meals and purchasing favourite snacks and drinks.

Most importantly, chill out and know that you are finally on your way!

OP
OP
cannygirl

cannygirl

LTKR December 11, 2017
Country
Thank you - will do that
How do I register on the April group for surgery

OP
OP
cannygirl

cannygirl

LTKR December 11, 2017
Country
Well here I am back with Bonesmart! I found all the help, advice and friendship so encouraging in 2017-18 when I had a tough time with my LTKR. At that point my surgeon was going to crack on with my RTHR as soon as I was healed....and here I still am - waiting in 2021. Apparently I have medial pole arthritis which was missed on Xray and I was told that my hip wasn’t bad enough for surgery. There has been a long saga to get properly diagnosed and I have been quite demoralised as despite trying to keep up reasonable exercise and eating very carefully, I have put on weight that I had lost over the years and my mobility has declined a lot.
As elective surgery lists are now so long in the NHS in Scotland, I have decided to go privately and my appointment is 27th April. I am quite apprehensive as the recovery from my knee surgery was so very painful. Thank you for being there.

FCBayern

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Honduras Honduras
Bearing in mind that we are all different, I found my THR recovery was MUCH easier than my TKR @cannygirl. Hopefully it will go that way for you as well.

New

STEPS Challenge
Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Miah1996
Recent bookmarks