Reverse Shoulder Replacement Right RSR - 11/23

Chatty63

Country
United States United States
I’m a week away from having my Reverse Shoulder Replacement on my right shoulder. My surgery is scheduled on Monday November 23rd. I fell off my bike May, 2020 and broke my right shoulder. This forum has been very helpful. Reading a lot of the posts on this forum has helped me to move from fear to acceptance about having this surgery. My biggest fear has been whether or not I will have as much pain as I experienced when I broke my shoulder.

My FMLA and sick leave bank days were approved so I will be off work for 11 weeks. I work for a school district so I plan on recovering over the holidays. I’m thankful that I was able to plan ahead and get a lot of things done for the holidays. This year will be the first year I’ve ever put a Christmas tree up before Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
@Chatty63 Sounds like you have planned this all very well.

Regarding post op pain, work with staff in the hospital to get your pain management cocktail just right. Have those ice packs ready as well.

Not long now!

Hi Jaycey,

Thank you for commenting about post-op pain. I will work with the staff in the hospital to get my pain management cocktail just right. I need to get some more ice packs before my surgery.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
LeonGirl