THR Right Hip on the 24th June

Ldm380

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I had a phone call this afternoon asking if I was available on the 24th of June for my hip replacement, to say I’m in shock at such short notice is an understatement. I was expecting October/November time. Now the nerves kick in. At least I know what to expect after my left hip was replaced in Nov 2018, and this forum that kept me going with great advice and general chat. Hopefully pre op will be all good.

@Ldm380 Welcome back to BoneSmart! You are very lucky to get a date at short notice. There are literally thousands of patients waiting for these procedures - some for years. I know it is a bit of a shock. But think of it as a quicker way to getting on with life. You will soon join the double hippie club!

Congratulations on getting a surgery date, @Ldm380. I'm sure once the shock wears off, you'll be happy that you don't have to wait until November!

:flwrysmile:

Just think how good you'll be feeling by November!
Welcome back and best wishes for your comfort as you await the 24th.
@Ldm380

The sooner the better! Okay, that’s a generalization and totally depends on what else is going on in your life, but I have had both hips replaced and the recovery from the one that wasn’t as damaged was much easier!

The sooner the better! Okay, that’s a generalization and totally depends on what else is going on in your life, but I have had both hips replaced and the recovery from the one that wasn’t as damaged was much easier!
that’s good to know. Hopefully will be the same for me. My left hip was so painful before I had it replaced in 2018, even sleeping hurt, so this time round I was thinking ‘do I really need this done’, but remembered reading a thread on here saying it only gets worst not better. I couldn’t go through that pain again.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back