Knee Infection* Revision

That is a very natural reaction @valgriff2 our new knees are like a precious gift and the fear of falling or hurting them is very real, fast forward at 6 months I'm still very cautious where I walk and take great care when I'm walking in the countryside mostly looking at the ground - only today I was so busy watching my feet I walked into a tree branch and whacked my head :flabber: very much to the amusement of my husband :rotfl:
I'm sure with time and experience we'll both be more sure footed xx

Im now down to 3 more PT visits, which are now once a week. Still swelling abit. Still icing at times. I wish, wish, wish I could have 1 day without a pain or a throb or a quirky feel. I'm almost 11 weeks from surgery...yes its better. Much better. But it still bugs me and its still the firdt thing I think of when I wake up....and the last at night.

@valgriff2 I go to pt also. I feel just as "safe" in pt as I do in the super market. I also take daily walks outside.

My knee actually feels better after exercising and my therapist is a dream. Only does what I say. For the record, we have a safety protocol in place. But then I'm also an essential worker so I'll be going back to work on Monday.

I'm working on getting my quad strength back, unfortunately I live in a 3 story townhouse with nothing but stairs so I want to get my ability to navigate those back.

Stairs will come slowly but surely. You may feel pretty tired your first days back at work, so just rest when you get home. I hope they have good safety protocols for you at work. Take care.

Stairs will come slowly but surely. You may feel pretty tired your first days back at work, so just rest when you get home. I hope they have good safety protocols for you at work. Take care.
Fortunately, I am a chemist for a large chemical company. We've always had great PPE due to the nasty stuff we work with and it's one scientist to a lab. The main issue will be walking and standing for 4-5 hours daily

Standing for a length of time is really tough at first. if you can take short "sit" breaks that may help. Do you have a fridge at work where you can keep an ice pack to ice on breaks?

Standing for a length of time is really tough at first. if you can take short "sit" breaks that may help. Do you have a fridge at work where you can keep an ice pack to ice on breaks?
Yes, lol which I actually did prior to surgery to help with the pain

Ok.....WEIRD QUESTION....could wearing the wrong shoes make my knee hurt when walking????

@valgriff2 - you will see that I have moved your post from DOCCUKE's thread to your own thread.

By putting the above post in his recovery thread, you were disrupting herthe thread, which should be about his own recovery.
Forum etiquette: being polite when posting

Please post any updates or questions about your recovery in your own thread. We will see them there, as someone checks all the new posts every day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Just in case you couldn't find your thread, here are the instructions on finding your thread,
How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.

Ok.....WEIRD QUESTION....could wearing the wrong shoes make my knee hurt when walking????
So, to answer your question - yes, wearing the wrong shoes can certainly make your knee hurt.
What's more, if you're still wearing the shoes you wore before your surgery, you may need to buy new ones. That's because you would have worn a different tread pattern in them than your new knee needs.

That makes so much sense to me!!!! I had expensice sneakers to help with foot and knee pain....they killed me.....made me take a pain pill.....well.....I guess I'll shop for bew sneakers n shoes....that wont hurt a bit!!!!!!

So how much damage xan i do to myself by taking a few days off "life" and just being 100% couch potato? I know I'm stiffening up, but am i doing damage?

So how much damage can I do to myself by taking a few days off "life" and just being 100% couch potato? I know I'm stiffening up, but am I doing damage?
Are you getting up and going to the bathroom? Are you getting a drink or something to eat? How about bathing and brushing your hair and teeth? All these things are exercise so you aren't being a 100% couch potato. Sometimes you need to cut back and rest more. This does no damage to your knee at all. If anything it helps it to heal more because it's not being stressed.

Enjoy those days off and know that you are doing yourself and knee good, not bad.

Agree, a break is great..i need to remind myself of this! Forgot how much it helped...I have been cooped up for so long with this coronavirus stay at home order, that I walk much more then I probably should...Today I have tried to give the knee some “love”...

Just needed a couple "me" days without concentrating on this dumb knee. Almost 13 weeks.....still so prevalent that I feel its always going to give me grief.

I only saw my surgeon once at 2 weeks out. I'm at 13 weeks today. I dont really have anything to say to him.

But......has anyone used meloxicam for psin relief? My right unoperated knee is a bit tender, my left new knee is still stiff and a bit swollen. Meloxicam helped before...eould it help now????

Ok....question. is there ever a time the knee feels natural? I still feel like I have something foreign in my knee. Unnatural feeling.

is there ever a time the knee feels natural?
Yes, my new knee feels completely natural. It's in much better shape than my old knee. Yours will feel natural, too, in time. I think once you learn to be confident in its abilities, then you'll forget about it and then just get on with living!

Yes, my knees feel very natural. On a daily basis I'm not aware that they're "artificial." I think for some people that feeling that it is artificial is part of the soft tissue healing process.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom