Revision PKR to TKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome news Dave. I do believe strongly in the power of prayer. So it it was surely a combo of prayers and your OS who spoke with the insurance numerous times. Thank God, hope all works out well, and no more glitches. So the 25th, only 10 days away, hang in there:flwrysmile:

Hi Dave, sorry to hear of your recent trials, and glad to hear that you are rescheduled. Hang in there!

I am so frustrated with insurance companies!! We have a really strange health care system. Dave, I am sorry about the delay for you. I wanted a Partial because I thought I would get better rom with it, but both docs told me it had to be a tkr. BJ Mac I hope you don't believe him when he says you cannot snowboard with a total knee. That is baloney!! I ski with two fake knees!!!

Thanks Kelly, I am glad for the reminder that we can do things that the doc says can't be done.

Did my pre-admission testing yesterday. Just waiting on cardiologist to say it's a go. I have a 530am report time to the hospital on Thursday, so I'll be the first surgery of the day.

This will probably be my last post before moving to the other side. I have the first scheduled surgery tomorrow and have to be at the hospital at 530. See you all on the other side.

Hi Good Luck tomorrow on your surgery. We are all pulling for you and will see you on the other side.
You mentioned this is first scheduled surgery, does that mean you are having another one too, sorry if I missed in the posts, I have been on and off lately, been real busy, having a surgery of my own on my bladder in about 3.5 weeks, so been cleaning house, getting things in order and stuff, so trying to catch up on everyone's threads. So sorry if I missed a part about a second surgery. Anyways God Bless, and Good Luck tomorrow:thumb:

Yeah Dave! :happydance:

God works in mysterious ways! I will continue to pray for an in eventful surgery, and recovery! :happydance:

Kelly, my knee is finally seeming to be progressing in the right direction. I have been afraid to voice this... I have begun to do my gently workout each day. Today I walked for 20 minutes on the treadmill, did my weight training and rode my bike 3.5 miles and went up the hill in front of my house for the first time since knee surgery. So far so good. I am hoping that I can gradually just keep adding on a daily basis to what I am doing. (slowly / cautiously) I actually have muscle in my right leg that I can go from standing to sitting on a stool using only my right leg.

It is amazing isn't it to see the muscles come back! When you look at my thigh now, you can see the quad, the hamstrings and the VMO---they are finally all there to be seen!!! Also, still a little fat, but it is going away too as I begin to work out more. I have been going to pre ski conditioning two nights a week. I can now do one legged squats on a bosu ball. And, I can stand on one leg for a minute or so. It is really amazing to me that my legs are coming back to me.

Yes, it is sooo amazing and wonderful to see the muscles come back. It is exciting to think that I will actually be able to do normal things and even more.

Dave,
You are likely in recovery now. Sending positive thoughts your way!
Sandy

Dave, waiting to hear some good news! We are praying for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie