Revised PKR to TKR Revision is done

Wow, what a nice guy who is willing to look into another approach!

:yes!: Your ROM is very good for one month out. Give your PT the website name and tell him to look in the library to get some info about Bonesmart and what we recommend.

Good Sunday afternoon, well I got on the scale today and much to my dismay I gained 10lbs since my replacement. I’m not even eating as much?

@Revision lefty you might not be eating as much but you are probably not moving around as you used to do. Worry not! Just focus on this recovery and regaining your mobility. You will shed the pounds once you have your complete mobility back.

Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing well. I am coming along slow and steady wins the race. In the last 3 years I’ve had a cervical fusion, lumbar fusion and now left TKR revision. My knee seems to be improving every week thank God. As I take less pain medicine my low back is starting to be pretty painful, I literally have a pain in my right buttock 90% of the time. I haven’t felt that with the pain medicine for my knee. Prior to my revision I had so much pain in my knee from it being loose and I do not have that, I pray my knee gets better and better. I injured this knee when I was 16. I pray for everyone else, Mamie you are in my thoughts and prayers, praying you get over the hurdle this time. Thanks everyone for being here and being so supportive it is much appreciated.❤️

Saw my surgeon today for my first post-op visit. Saw the picture of my new knee, I was surprised how long the stems were and how much bone I lost. My rom is 100 flexion and -1 extension. Dr was very happy with my progress. I‘m happy I found BoneSmart and took 2 weeks off from home Pt and rested iced and did my heel slides. The 2 weeks off and getting my Pt to slow down made my recovery much easier. Just thought I would give an update. Thanks

Hello everyone, I went to the Dr last Thursday 3.5 hr ride to and from. Did chores Friday and Saturday went with my husband to the mall Lens Crafters to pick out new glasses. We parked at the wrong end of the mall, and walked to the other end. My question is my knee has not been right since, I guess it was all just to much. I’ve had a lot of swelling and pain in the back of my knee. Any thoughts sometimes I forget it’s only been 6 weeks, also I feel as though my muscles are not strong enough. Thanks in advance.

Your knee is " the boss of you"!! It ALWAYS let's you know when you have done too much!!:no-fin::no-fin:

Yes, unfortunately, that was more activity than your knee was ready for. Give it time to settle down.

If there is swelling in the back of your knee try icing that area too. It will help the swelling go down. Remember to elevate too.

how long before the swelling stops?
It's impossible to put a time on anyone's knee for the swelling to stop. It's all an individual thing. What causes one person to swell excessively might cause just a little bit of swelling for another. What we learn to do is to see what is causing our swelling and then cut back on it.

@Mamie: hope I’m writing this note in the correct place. Also hope you are feeling better! Just checking in to see if you ordered that compression sleeve and if it is helping you.

I’ve got to figure out how to follow you and a few others! I am not “following“ anyone and I miss hearing how other people are doing.

No change w/my knee...just waiting until oct. 21 when I have my appointment with the PA of the “best” (so I’ve been told) ortho surgeon at a major medical center (university).

Take care and have a good weekend!

Hello Stiff Knee.

No, I have not ordered. The ones you spoke of do not come in a size to fit this much swelling so they are trying to figure out what will. My leg is at an all time high in swelling. The company and I are playing phone tag and text tag.

I'm tired Stiff Knee of being tired or negative. For me, it's better to be quiet than negative. As for following, you go to the persons icon next to their message and huddle over it. It opens up the circe and you can find follow or message. Click on follow. I hope that helps you. I am praying your pain improves.

Be well and stay safe.
Mamie

Hello newlybionic,
Yes, there is a huge painful swelling behind the knee. I have a color ice machine made by Breg. The pad wraps all the way around the knee and I also used a blue ice covered in a towel for extra cold.

Thank you for making the suggestion. Mamie

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks