Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

Oh, also @Pumpkln , I meant to post my knee scar picture so here's the latest from a day or
knee scar.jpg
so ago. I think it's pretty big and pretty ugly.

You and I have the proverbial rail road tracks from the staples. @JustJeff , looks like he had glue. No worries those wider parts will come together with time, and the pink will turn white.
I think mine had glue, and then they decided to staple it too. I have no idea why, guess that will be a question at my follow up.
Your yard looks wonderful and delicious, thanks for sharing.

I had no glue, just 46!!!!! dang staples. Our yard has fruit trees all around the edges everywhere along the fence line on all three sides. We have 28 tomato plants this year. In a normal year I cook all the tomatoes down to a marinara and vacuum seal for winter. I may not be able to do it this year-we'll see. I missed out on most of our lettuce, and it bolted when it got hot so hubby pulled it.

No glue. Just a wonderfully tight diamond stitch.
BTW, I planted lettuce late(didn't think I'd be planting anything this year) but it's still cool out so I'm hoping for a good harvest. Planted chard should work until frost.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Our chard is enormous as is our Zen hybrid, due to the fact that I haven't been cooking. I told hubby tonight to pick it and take it to his office as I hate to waste any. It's been pretty hot here already, so the cool weather crops are done. (Sacramento area is a lot hotter than PA, I suspect)

Hey, @Pumpkln , I saw my OS early this am-he said my knee was great, my ROM is just a smidge short of 120, but I looked awful and he sent me right over to the ER. They filled me with fluids and anti-nausea meds, took a bunch of tests, then sent me home with more anti-nausea meds and a follow up since all the tests looked good including the CT scan. I have officially lost 20 lbs in these past few weeks and they don't like that so my PCP will be keeping up with me for a while, they said. She already e-mailed me today, and will call in a day or two. Hopefully this medicine will stop my nausea and vomiting, (I was vomiting all morning at the hospital, including during my doctor's appt) and I will get well and strong again. I'll also post this on my recovery thread. Kim

@lovetocookandsew ,
Hope you are having a better time of it with the anti nausea medications.
I was glad to read you were able to enjoy your soup once your tummy got settled down.:yes:

I had a bad day yesterday, must have been from the outing to Walmart. I also was concerned about getting my refill of Norco, or if they were going to tell me no more :boohoo:. Whew, the refill came in this morning:SUNsmile:, with enough refills to get me to my second post op appointment in 3 weeks.:yay:.
Feeling like I would like to get out more, but even short outings lead to more pain, :good-bad:, a real balancing act.
Going to spend the day :ice:, :elevate::sleep::cool::flwrysmile::cheers: (root beer floats).

Just had a call from Mom, she fell last night, she is only sore and embarassed, thank goodness.
Called Visiting Angels and they will be filling in all the open hours on her schedule.
She did not want to go to ER, she is afraid they will never let her out.
Grateful she was not injured, and can stay at home.

I know how you feel. I had a call from the care home earlier this week also to say that my Mum had fallen. Nobody saw her fall they just found her. They checked her over and she seemed OK. Its hard because of her dementia.

There is a Yorkshire saying 'there's nowt to getting old'. Its hard when your loved ones get to this stage in life.

I'm sorry you had a bad day...it's no fun, I know. Here's hoping you have a wonderful day today and tomorrow, and the next. I'm also glad your mom is okay.

Wow! I am impressed you seem to be recovery well . Thanks for taking the time to message me . I do not expect you to do that . Please heal and rest .

Mom finally got some pain medication on board, we know how important it is to have good pain control.
Her caregivers have her on a schedule, so she will be comfortable.

My knee was better today, but the muscles on the outside of my lower leg are still firing overtime when I walk :sad:. Same as before the revision, going to have to bring it up in 3 weeks for my follow up with the OS. It does help if I walk with my legs far apart.:scratch:

Feeling very discouraged, my knee moves out and gaps with every step, even with a hinged knee. This is just like before the revision, areas of pain are the same.
Going back to toe touch weight bearing to see in my knee can settle down in the next few days.
My next appt is in 3 weeks, will need to have good questions prepared to elicit information, about my alignment and if my crooked leg was taken into consideration.
Feeling very much uncertain about what the future holds for me...

Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®

Oh @Pumpkln, sorry you are feeling discouraged. Do you think it will improve when you get some muscle strength back and the swelling goes down? I think you are doing right giving it a rest to see if it settles down. Sending you some hugs :friends:

Thanks @busylizzie , my leg is crooked and I am going to figure out how to walk through my crooked leg and be more stable, while walking. Exercising and toning my hip stablizers, hoping that will help.
Thanks for stopping by, I appreceate your support.
I will be thinking of you on Monday, and sending positive thoughts your way.

Feeling very discouraged,

Hello Chris, Remember `positive attitude = positive results'. You are bound to feel down at times. It comes with TKR. Even though I am usually a `cup half empty' gal, one thing the last 15 months has taught me is that the down times don't last. You WILL be positing today or tomorrow or the day after that saying `I'm having a better day today'.

Feeling very much uncertain about what the future holds for me...

Please don't play the `What If' game. You have enough to do dealing with the today stuff. Would you do something for me? Would you send me a post with just one thing (more if you want) that you are optimistic about. Doesn't matter what it is, but it has to be for real. xx Carol

Sad news this morning, my Mothers remaining Sister passed last night. Mom was the oldest and is the last surviving sibling, this seems to be a common pattern in my family. Both her sisters had heart problems, which she has escaped.
We will tell Mom later in the day, after she has had breakfast, and has pain meds on board, this will break her heart.

Carol, My cup is empty right now, guess the good part was I got to talk to one of my cousins, we rarely communicate.

Sorry to hear your sad news. Your cup may be empty right now, but we are here to support you and get you through this blip. Stay positive and be optimistic and hopefully the problem can be resolved. Strengthening your hips may help I know one of mine has started twisting outwards. Perhaps you can get some help with your gait to improve things. Sending you more hugs :friends: Hang in there, we all care

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts