Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1401129725.187422.jpg
the roses in the garden are doing well, without any help from me this year.

Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®

@JustJeff ,
Your scar looks great, glad to see I am not the only one with a tiny scab.
Glad we have a place to come where everyone understands.
Nope we are not nuts, just having a little fun while healing.

Your scars look way better than mine @Pumpkln and @JustJeff . Mine is longer than both of yours and still pinker in a couple areas. I think I have fallen way behind in healing and getting better. It's so depressing. I hope my doctor has some ideas when I talk to her. Love the crutches!

@lovetocookandsew, we all heal differently. Be patient, I am sure your scar will heal fine. We are our own worst critics aren't we? Think of it as a battle scar and wear it proudly! :)

ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1401126252.947568.jpg

Here is a photo of my very small almost healed scab. A little to the right, it was a staple hole.

Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
Wow Chris, nice scar! It looks just like mine...I call it RR tracks!! Or when the staples were in I called it my knew Zipper!

My revision scar healed up really fast but my first TKR I had lingering scabs just like you. At my old house where I also had a pool, everyone was in it but me until mid June and my first TKR was on March 28. Hang in there, it will come soon I am sure.

I downloaded that goinometer app after my first TKR. Either I didn't know how to use it correctly or it was terribly wrong because when my knee was full of scar tissue it would tell me I had 140 degrees! No way!!!

The app is inaccurate, that said I have gotten pretty good with it, and got the same numbers as before the revision. I am happy to be that far along, and will be grateful if I get some additional ROM.
The little scab gets smaller every day, I think I will be :swim: by the weekend :yay:.
Hope the thunder, lightening, and rain settle down, and you can get back in the pool!

@pumpkin your roses are stunning! The white fence just sets them off! I love white. I don't live in the south, but I love white trim, etc.
we all TALK of blinging our crutches. You DO it! So fun! I am determined to do something about mine this week.
~~hopefaith

@hopefaith ,
I was reading so much about bling for crutches, then watching CBS Sunday Morning segment where there was a section about duck tape for clothing, and all sorts of decorative ideas, I was inspired.
One person had used Duck tape to bling up their crutches, and I rememberd I had the blue tie dye Duck tape. It was so easy and fun since I had everything at home. :idea:

I was looking forward to going to Walmart this morning and going around in one of the carts. All the carts were out of order :shrug:, I was so disappointed. I was able to walk over to the pharmacy section for a few things, then back to the car to wait while my husband finished shopping. Glad I had thought to bring along a cold pack.
Guess the good thing is I saved money, last time I used a cart I spent double what I intended.

@Pumpkln , I know the feeling...when I went to the store the other day, both their carts were in use. I have told the manager there many times over the years that 2 carts is never enough. I had to wait while someone finished shopping and a bagger followed the cart to the guy's car then brought it back to me. And I've had times at WalMart too,after previous surgeries, when they were all in use and I couldn't shop either. It's disappointing I know after all it takes to just get ready to go to the store, and I'm sorry you couldn't shop.

both their carts were in use.
We cannot win with the carts. The grocery store near me has 2 carts, there is always one there. They are the fastest carts in town. I was glad the stuff I really wanted was up front, I still wanted to go all over the store just because.
Knee a little better every day, venturing away from the crutches from time to time, seems OK so far.

I still remember the time my daughter and I were at WalMart after one of my knee surgeries. I'd been feeling down and we decided to go to the store. It was late at night and the store was pretty empty. I got a cart, and she did too. We raced all over that store honing the horns, etc, and the employees just smiled and laughed at us. It was exactly what I needed to feel better.

I got a cart, and she did too. We raced all over that store honing the horns, etc,
Sounds like fun!!!
My knee continues to feel better every day, just small changes, like I forgot to take my pain medication one time today. For me this is BIG, having spent the last 2+ years stuck in place.
:ice:

It was a lot of fun. I'm so glad you are doing better. I am off pain meds for now due to my stomach, but I have a really bad painful spot and need some meds to do PT. I can't do it without them. @Pumpkln , your roses are beautiful, I thought you'd like to see some of our garden...
garden.jpg
I took a walk out to our garden this evening. I haven't participated this year too much for obvious reasons, but it's coming along quite nicely. We've had blueberries, strawberries and cherries galore....the lettuce is done for now, but it sure was delicious!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom