Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

Chris, I'm so proud to read of your achievements. Well done on your weight loss and the PT. I really like your avatar pic. You look so well. Btw where was it taken? The scenery is beautiful :flwrysmile:

You are right Chris. I had tried a number of programs unsuccessfully over the years. What worked for me was going palio. My neurosurgeon suggested it and it was the first thing which had worked in 25 years! SO glad you found such success with WW!

Chris...I couldn't resist posting this. I thought you would get some laughs :)

Attachments

• weight w.jpg
    weight w.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 420
Doing pretty well, thanks for asking. Just arrived in RI for a vacation in New England. WW is going well, have a feeling this vacation will be a challenge. Had my first Rhode Island Stuffy last night, delicious!
Knee is doing well, held up against all the airport walking yesterday. Looking forward to some beach walking, city walking, and trail walking on this vacation.
This is the first vacation since my revision that I did not haul my crutches along, I will take that as a good sign.

Crutchless! That is progress. Congrats on negotiating the airports and enjoy the vacay! Glad all is going well.

That is awesome!! Are you just staying in RI or traveling through New England?

We have been to Mystic Conn, Providence RI, and Cape Cod Mass, we will be going to Boston, Perkins Cove Maine, and New Hampshire.
Lots of walking today, now elevating my leg. :elevate:

I have mentioned my malunion fracture in the past, now I have a photo. Shows how my body has remodel my tibia to take all the forces going through my leg since 1974 when I broke my leg.
Yes I am bone on bone in my left ankle, just got a cortisone shot yesterday, already helping.

EPSON014 2.jpg

Yes, I can see you've no joint space in your left ankle, @Pumpkin. Does that give you a lot of pain?

Does that give you a lot of pain?
My ankle only had pain twice, the first time starting 7 months ago, that injection lasted until recently. The most recent injection Thursday has given me significant relief. Hoping this injection lasts just as long.
With this latest bout I could hardly walk for a few days, before it eased a bit.

I need time for my right #2 toe to heal from straightening surgery before attempting another surgery.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom