report bugs or problems, please

Re: report bugs or problems. please

No, no changes made by me. And this happened on my laptop as well as my desktop pc. I even tried from my blackberry but got an error message from there as well. Very bizarre!! Want me to try a new thread again and see what happens?

Try one in a different forum from where you were before.

Hi Jamie,
I just tried a new one (unfortunately I did not pay attention and did it in the knee recovery section, sorry!) but it did work. It was just a "test thread" so it can be deleted.

http://www.bonesmart.org/public_forum/test-thread-t8242.html?p=156348#post156348

Thanks to you and Rich for all of your support. I'm not sure what's different, maybe Saturday was just an anomaly for me!

Hi Jamie,
I just tried a new one (unfortunately I did not pay attention and did it in the knee recovery section, sorry!) but it did work. It was just a "test thread" so it can be deleted.

http://www.bonesmart.org/public_forum/test-thread-t8242.html?p=156348#post156348

Thanks to you and Rich for all of your support. I'm not sure what's different, maybe Saturday was just an anomaly for me!

I have deleted the thread. So now I guess you need to try it in the forum that was giving you problems before.

Jamie, I too tried to post a new thread, typed it twice, and each time I posted it just dissappeared and I got that white page saying HTTP error. What can I do?

Can you post a screen print of the error you got or at least provide all the information that was on the screen for Rich?

Thanks! @RichardRobins:

Rich....we've got another blank page report.

This is getting extremely frustrating.

Was trying to post something I typed and got internal error? I rebooted recently. Lost my post though. fyi

Thanks for the report, Helen. I'm thinking that an "internal error" has more to do with your computer than the forum, but we always appreciate you letting us know when something wonky happens while you're using the forum.

Rich will see your report soon and will be the final judge, though....I'm only very slightly techhie just around the edges.

Sorry about that. Post was kind of long. Maybe my computer was trying to hibernate. :zzz:

Hello! I joined today and have tried posting a new thread. Each time I try to either preview or post the thread I get thrown to a page labelled "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error" - I am using Internet Explorer 7. Any ideas??? Thanks, Mary

Mary
RTKR - October 2010
Right arthroscopy June 2007

Thanks for reporting your problem, Mary. I'm going to tag Rich, our system tech, to see if he has any ideas. @RichardRobins:

500 error is server related,I'll flag JSR to this.

thanks for the report, we'll continue to look into this, have you tried using another browser like googlechrome?

Hi, all. Thanks for the info. Let me follow up offline with our server manager (Doric) to see if he can help pinpoint the issues leading to blank pages and "HTTP 500 internal server errors".

ai34.tinypic.com_14twy9f.gif

Attachments

• ai34.tinypic.com_14twy9f.gif
    ai34.tinypic.com_14twy9f.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 158
Testing for 500 internal server error/blank page fix

Test post. Attempting to diagnose and fix 500 internal server error messages. Have enabled "display errors" in config.php file.

PHP was upgraded recently to 5.2.10 in order to meet the requirements of another software system (phpMyAdmin) running on the BoneSmart server. It could be as simple as allowing display errors to show. Magic quotes are off, as required, and the suhosin module does not appear to have been installed.

www.bonesmart.org

-Jim

Attachments

• Anthony_pup.jpg
    Anthony_pup.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 247
Update: Resolving Recent Forum Errors (ie: "500 Internal Server Error")

Hi, all. Here's an update from Jim Lawrence (of the BoneSmart technical team), regarding the "500 Internal Server Error" that some users have been reporting (in this thread):
"I've done some investigation and modified a config file to allow errors to be displayed and then submitted a test reply to the original 500 error complaint thread and created a diagnostic thread in the forum. Both of my posts worked without errors.

I'll be getting together with Steve Foster [server technician] later this afternoon to see if there is anything else we might look at.

In the mean time, would you let me know if any more users report errors, especially if they provide some detailed feedback that we can work with?"
Thanks to everyone for continuing to provide us with any feedback or descriptions of forum errors you are receiving. We'll continue to do our best to resolve them quickly.

Best,
Jeremy

Thank you Jeremy and Jim for your prompt attention to this problem!!

BoneSmarties: If you receive any error messages when trying to post or start new threads, please note exactly what the error message says (or do a screen print) and post it on this thread.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom