report bugs or problems, please

Re: report bugs or problems. please

Please look in the Hip Replacement Recovery Thread :" I AM BACK " By C4horses, post #250. No matter what I do I cannot get the thumbs up icon to post...

Are saying you can't get the thumbs up icon in your post? Did you click on the GO ADVANCED link and get the window with all the icons? And then when you clicked on the thumbs up icon, did it not appear in your post?

Please tell me the steps you tried that were unsuccessful.

Do you mean this one :thmb: or this one
icon14.gif
? It's done okay in this post.

The first one Jo. Also, sometimes when I try to do a quick reply my cursor will not appear in the box UNLESS I click "POST QUICK REPLY" first. Then I get a message telling me my post is too short or something and when I click ok the cursor is in the box. Did you look at that post I wrote about, #250 of C4's? See what is says? But no icon...Do you see it?

Those aren't icons, they're smilies. But the oddest thing - if I hit the Edit button, I can see it. But when I save the post, there's only the code! So I added one myself and that shows. Very odd.

I'll ping @RichardRobins:

sounds like a tempory server parsing error.

is it working now? :thmb:

Rich, a couple of our members have asked why sometimes when they have a long post and hit the reply button, the post completely disappears. I sort of recall that being asked about before....can you tell me your ideas about what could cause that?

Hello, I've just seen this post so I think I've posted in the wrong place, under 'private messages not getting through', but it's just that, sometimes they are sent and received and others say they are sent and do not get through in either direction,
whats up? Jenny

Jenny, the discussion in the posts above yours is not related to private messages. It's regarding posts made in an existing thread. If you are having problems with private messages, the most likely problem is that you are not clicking on the button to send them. Once that is done, a copy of the message will be in your "SENT" file. That is the validation that it was, in fact, sent.

If you have a specific case like this where you have a problem with a PM, you need to report it on that day with specific information about when you sent the message, to whom, and whether or not a copy was in your SENT file. I'm sorry to ask you to be so specific, but it is impossible to research a problem without knowing all the details.

Every time you send a PM, I encourage you to check your SENT file to be sure it went.

Please do make a report if you experience this again. I do want to make sure all aspects of BoneSmart work for you!

Hello,
I can't seem to start a new thread. I have been able to post replies, but when I post anew thread, a blank page opens up. Here is the URL to the page that opens, hopefully that is helpful:
http://www.bonesmart.org/public_forum/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=39
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Update - after reading some of the other technical forums, I wanted to add that I am using Vista and Firefox. I have always used Firefox since I've been here on the boards, so no change there.

Rosalie....thanks for putting that link in. It may help Rich determine the problem. I'll tag him to take a look. @RichardRobins:

Thank you very much Jamie. I tried on my Blackberry after posting the help message and got an internal server error message, and then just tried on my home pc (was on my laptop before) on Vista and Internet Explorer 7 and get the same blank page and URL that I posted above.

I'm really anxious to get some responses to the thread I'm trying to start, as I believe I am having a few "issues." Is this something you or an admin can post for me? Can I pm it to you or post it here and have it moved...? I can reply to posts, I just can't post a new thread.

Thanks again!

Yes, post it here and I'll move it to a thread for you.

I moved your post, but the title is different than what you suggested.

Rich...when I tried to edit Rosalie's title using Thread Tools, I got the same blank page she is getting when trying to post a thread.

i'll look into it, i'm getting same white page also, what section is that thread in?

it is still doing the white thread for me curious.

is it a new reply or a new thread you're trying to do? :)

It was a new thread that Roselie was trying to start, Rich.

how strange, it allows me to start a new thread.

have you changed anything on ya pc lately?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back