report bugs or problems, please

Re: report bugs or problems. please

I haven't had any problems posting with Firefox. I don't like Internet Explorer and my computer geek daughter and her hubby said it's not as secure. The only time I'd use that is when Firefox doesn't work when I'm trying to order something (rarely) and then IE does.
When I try to reply in Firefox, I can do everything except type. I click "reply", but when I go to type in the reply window, it won't let me. When I quote someone first (like I did above), it gets put in my window as text, but without the "quote" tags around it. This is the only "php" board that's doing this for me (I post on three others) and its a new development. (right now, I'm using the AOL browser).

I also can't click emotes in the Firefox browser. Its just weird.

eta: it also happens when I post on my netbook in Firefox. Not in IE, just Firefox. I'm wondering if there's a plug-in or something I need. Hmmm.

I just downloaded Google Chrome on my netbook and I'm going to use that for a while... just to see how it goes. (and yes, I'm posting from it now).

Oh good!

Today for some reason the little doggie giving kisses emoticon is flashing.

:dogkiss:

Isn't for me .... :skp:

Anyone else?

Now that's strange....it's just that one icon.....flashing from a negative to a positive image. Let me go in and see if it does it in Microsoft Explorer.

It must be something going on with my computer. It does it when I access BoneSmart via Internet Explorer. But it does NOT do it when I use my hubbie's computer to go online. Guess I'll just live with it!!!

:D

Hi. I have just joined the hip recovery forum. I have twice tried to post a thread but when I try to review or post it the screen goes blank and nothing happens. If I then use the back arrow the title of the post is shown but everything else has been wiped.
Kend

Hi, Kend....welcome to BoneSmart. I'm sorry you are having problems starting a new thread. It is true that if you write a post, click on the post button and then try to use the back arrow to go back to what you have written, it will not be there.

I want to be sure I understand your problem, though. Am I correct in saying that you have found the NEW THREAD button, clicked on it, and have written a title and body of a post for a new thread. Is it correct to say all of this is working fine?

Then, when you are finished with your post, you click on either the SUBMIT NEW THREAD or PREVIEW POST buttons and all you get is a blank screen with nothing on it? You should see a message that indicates action is taking place. How long are you waiting before clicking on the BACK button?

If I have the problem stated correctly, try it again and this time wait for at least a minute or two before doing anything. Sometimes it can take a while for servers to process....the slowdown can either be at your computer, your internet service provider or the BoneSmart server. The totally blank screen tells me that it may be a timing issue.

I'm curious, did you have any of the same issues when you posted this comment or did it post immediately?

Failure to post

To Jamie
Thank you for your prompt reply, I did wait with the blank screen for what seemed an age to me but probably wasn't that long in reality. To answer your last query the post I sent to you reporting the problem did post immediately. I'll try again and this time I'll time it!! I'll let you know what happens even if it works.
Many thanks
Kend

Great, Kend...I'd like to know either way. If my suggestion doesn't work, we'll have to put our resident Geek on it! My computer smarts only go so far.....

Hi Jamie
You kindly replied to yesterdays post when I complained of my inability to post a new thread. It was suggested that I was too impatient. The posts I made to you, 2 up to now, went through instantaneously. I wrote a new post (my third) in the hip, recovery section and exactly the same thing happened. I just got a blank screen, I waited a full 5 minutes (timed this time) and nothing happened. I could only get out of this using the back arrow and the post (except the title) had disappeared. Reading other complaints suggest I'm not the only one.
Thanks
Kend

We had a spate of similar problems but it turned out they were mostly via Blackberrys and it was almost a year ago. Are you using a portable device?

I'll get our techy guy to look into it. I can't see anything wrong with your account.

In the meantime, if you make your post here I'll move it into the appropriate forum for you.
Least that'll get you started after a fashion.

Good idea, Jo. Sorry for the problems, Kend....hopefully it will all get resolved once our tech guy has a look. In the meantime, put your new thread post here!!! Either Jo or I will take care of setting it up for you so that you can begin corresponding with our members. We will all enjoy getting to know more about you.

Just tried to use the search function and when I click on go the screen just goes blank with "Done" at the bottom. No results published. I tried in logged on mode in Firefox as well as a guest in Explorer. Search has worked for me previously. Is something new?

Not that I know of. I'll alert Richard to this @RichardRobins:

that sounds like a mysql timeout, aka a highload on the server at the time.

it appears to be working now

Hi. I have tried to post my first new thread but after typing and hitting the button the screen just went white and nothing happened. I was so pleased to discover this site and am disappointed I can't post. I am on an iMac using Safari. Any ideas why this is happening?

No idea except what Richard said before. I'll give him a tug for you @RichardRobins:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom