Knee Infection* Reoccurring Staph after Quad Tendon Repair

Camo

Country
United States United States
Hello, about 13 weeks ago I had my quad tendon reattached, subsequent Staph A. infection, debridement, 4 weeks of Mid line, leg looked ok, 2-3 weeks later red spots on top and bottom of my knee. I was placed on Keflex for 3 weeks and within 2 weeks re-occurence another small debridement surgery was required to pullout an undissolved stitch where the red spot/drainage was.

The small debridement was done on sunday, My CRP is still elevated at 2.2 mg./dL and SED of 25. The CRP is the exact same as it was the day before the surgery. I am afraid I'm having a reoccurence of Staph A. Does anyone have any experience with this regarding patella/quad tendon repairs. I do not have hardware per say but I do have sutures and some wires running through my patella

Oh, my goodness you have had a time of it. Do you have an infectious disease doctor? You definitely should.

When I had each of my kneecaps removed my patella tendons were cut and shortened. One knee had just stitches and the other one had stitches and a wire holding the tendons together. I was put into a straight leg brace for 6-8 weeks to allow for healing of that tendon. Did you have that? It could be that you are too active, not allowing complete healing of the two pieces together.

I have no experience with infections, praise God. If you click on the infection prefix, (
1655482288340.png
) you can read about others that have had them. I will add that to your prefix so all you'll have to do it click on it.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft