THR REM's Recovery Thread<

Prayers for Cassidy.
So hard to see tiny ones go through such struggles.
Glad they are preparing to get it fixed.
My most sincere heartfelt prayers.

You need to really cool out this weekend, superdude.:)

• Funny
Reactions: REM
Hey @Mojo333,@Layla

Came to say hello and let you know I'm doing well. Hope you both are too. My right leg finally stopped hurting. I almost walk limp free. Didn't think the day would ever come but it did. Cassidy came home to reunite with Sonia Wednesday. Had to put 2 stints in her heart.They want to wait till 4 to 6 month's before they replace the heart valve. Had a picture of them together on my bed but wouldn't upload.

Hi our dear buddy, REM.
It's so nice to hear from you! Feels like a long time.
I'm very happy to read you're doing well and that your pain went away.
I hope all is going well at work for you.

Thanks for updating on those precious babies! So great to hear, Cassidy is back with her lil sis.
I wish she didn't need further surgery but whatever it takes to make her quality of life normal.

Wish the pic would have loaded. Would love to see one sometime soon.
Please don't be a stranger. You're still in recovery yourself and we love to hear updates.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great weekend!
@REM

• Friendly
:wave:So Good to hear from You!:yes:

Love all the great news...so good to hear Cassidy is back home and super happy to hear your Hip is treating you well!
Hope you are back to riding and getting some "me" time...no falling down and going boom though, totally against the rules!

Aren't we blessed!?!:ok:

Happy Labor day Bonies.

My hips are still doing well. I still have a popping in my right hip. Feels like it's trying to slip out of position some times. Doesn't hurt or anything its just a pop. Doesn't do it on the left hip. Only the right. Muscles in my legs are still not very strong. Not able to mow my front and back yard in the same day. Yesterday I did the back and a few rows of the front and had to call it a day. Legs got weak and I start to get clumsy. Tripping over my own feet. I'll be sore for a day or so then back to normal. Still using my ice packs. Probably will the rest of my days. Haven't needed anything stronger than extra strength tylonal in month's so that's a good sign I am healing. Been a long road with a lot of pain and suffering and it's like I can almost imagine its has an end or a intersection where my journey will go a different direction. Started smoking again. Worse possible thing I could do to my healing process. Went and got Chantex. My quit date is Wednesday. Wish me luck. I've struggled to stop smoking many times and failed everyone. I thought all the bad things my OS warned me could happen would be enough motivation to keep me from starting back. Guess not. I like having two legs. There a matching set. I'd hate to have to break them up. Don't think I could mow my yard with just the one. Newest granddaughters are doing well. Almost up to 7lbs now. Both have colds. Complements of their sisters starting back to school. But other than that getting bigger by the day. Wont be long before their saying NO! LOL.
Well. That's it for this visit. Hope all my friends here are doing well and life is treating you with respect. My love to you all....

You are going to get there, dear REM.
You know it's going a bit slow because you haven't been able to take the time you truly needed to get this major surgery trauma the TLC it needed.
Let things go unless it's life and death...in my opinion...you do enough during the work week.
Healing hugs coming your way!:loveshwr:

Hi there, :wave:
It's so nice to hear from you.
You know you're only a little over 6 months post op with your first THR and even less with your second.
There's still a lot of healing to happen. I think icing after activity is wise. Keep it up. It will get better!

I wish you luck with quitting smoking. I'll send up a prayer for you to have the strength to set them aside and walk away. I realize it's difficult.

Glad to hear the granddaughters are doing well. I bet you're going to spoil them, lol. Post another pic one of these days and don't be a stranger here.
Hope you have a wonderful week!
@REM

Checking in. Doing fine other than I've developed a pain in my upper right thigh when I put full weight on it walking. Doesn't do it with every step. Wondering if the stem in my femur is moving. If i go back to my os he will just chew me out and blame it on the smoking and most likey refuse to treat me. No one to blame but myself. Other than that good to be alive. Hope you all are doing well and life is treating you great. My best wishes to you all and for everyone here no more pain.

Hi @REM
It's nice to hear from you. I'm sorry you've developed pain.
Could you possibly be overdoing it at work, or did you engage in any strenuous activity lately?
If your OS only offers lectures when you're struggling with an issue, I'd find someone who's willing to dig deeper as to the origin of the pain. Especially if it's realitivly new and you have nothing to attribute it to...
I hope it eases soon or you discover it's origin so you can figure out how to move forward.
Stay in touch and enjoy the rest of the week!

• Friendly
Hi @Layla

It did start when I picked up a heavy box helping load our truck. Shouldn't have done that but was feeling up to it at the time. It may go away with time. At least that's the hopes. Hope you are well. Bet you haven't ventured out to try those cheesy grits yet. LOL.

Hahaha! No I haven't, I search high and low each time I go to the supermarket but never find them :shrug:
You know that's a big, fat lie :heehee:

Since you feel you can attribute the pain to the heavy lifting, I'd make sure not to do that again, if you can avoid it and rest at night with your old familiar friend > :ice:
Hope those precious babies are thriving :yes: Don't be a stranger here.
@REM

• Friendly
Babies are doig well. Cassidy failed 3 hearing test so they think she may be deaf. We'll see. She still has the heart valve to be repaired but they want to wait till she's a year old if possible. May not be. She turns blue when she gets upset and cries. Poor thing. But we went through the same thing with her momma. She had 3 surgeries by the time she was 16. The last one was the hardest on us.

Hi @REM
Not sure exactly where you are in the state, but hope you are safe and all is well with you.

Aww, precious little, Cassidy.
Hopefully all is golden once they can do surgery.
I hope you and your family are safe in the storm.
@REM

Hi @Layla @Mojo333
Been a bit since I checked in, wanted to say hi. Hope this finds you well.
Been doing good until maybe a month ago. Started getting a pain mid thigh on the front of my leg. Concerned it may be infection from smoking. But have not seen doctor about it. Hoping it's just sore muscle and will go away. If it gets much worse I will get it checked. Miss this group. It was a huge help when I needed it the most. Missed yawl.

REM

@REM:wave:
Good to hear from you but hate to hear you are worrying about thigh pain?
Is it possible you have been doing something different lately or...?
I don't think you have an infection from smoking.

Last edited:
Hi @REM
It's nice to hear from you! I'm sorry you're suffering pain. Since it's been going on for a month, why don't you make an appointment with your surgeon to get it checked out. It would be worth the peace of mind and reassurance you may receive. Look at it this way, most likely you'll find out its origin is something other than an infection from smoking. If you do have an infection, you will work through it as many here before you have. There is no sense in waiting to treat something, if that's what's needed. Please make an appt and get it checked out.

On a lighter note....how are those precious babies doing, especially Cassidy. Hopefully she's doing well and has caught up to her baby sister. Coming up on a year already this Summer!

Stay in touch and let us know what's going on. We care.
Wishing you a nice Sunday!

• Friendly
@Layla
Babies are doing just fine. Cassidy is crawling already. Sofia just scoots but is very vocal. Trying her darndest to talk. More like screaming but it wont be much longer before she's saying No. Lol.
@Mojo333
I did just do a couple 50 hour work week's with a lot more walking than normal. Hopefully that's all that's wrong with my leg. March was a year since my last replacement. Would have thought my legs would be stronger than they are. Still feeling weak. Good to hear from you both.

Your friend in Florida.

Hi. Is it a constant pain? Does it feel like muscular or a deep down ache?
Is it your kickstand leg (the one you bear weight on when you ride)?
Mine don't love alot of heavy lifting, I've noticed.
Will you be having a one year followup with your OS ?

:what:Sorry to play twenty questions, but you rode off into the sunset very quickly.. and I don't like to see you back complaining of sunburn.:)
What makes you think cigarettes caused an infection?
They are pretty bad for us (yes, I said us:unsure:) but don't think they cause infections.

I had X-rays done at one year, and I felt very reassured. Hate to see you worrying.

Yes, good point...
Did you have a One Year followup for both hips in March?
If so, how did things look then?

Glad to hear the babies are doing well. Now we have figure out how your pain can be remedied so you're feeling great for their soon to be One Year birthday celebration.
@REM

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics