THR REM's Recovery Thread<

@REM
Possibly you could explain how your pain is today...
Better or worse than you mentioned it was a week ago?

• Friendly
Reactions: REM
248 post? I talk to much.

The worst pain is when I lift my right leg to get in my exployer. Suv not lifted or anything. I get a sharp pain back of my leg just below the cheek area center of the leg . Have had to help lift it up and into the floorboard just like before my surgery. That and a groin pain same leg. Last couple mornings a pain in upper thigh all around feeling. Pain increases as weight on right leg increases. Left leg fixed one month later feels fine. When standing I feel a little pop in my right thigh like a thump on the back of my leg. Thats pretty much it.

248 post? I talk to much.
Nah! Just wait until your post count is in 5 figures!
I get a sharp pain back of my leg just below the cheek area center of the leg
Perhaps I could ask you to show me the site of this pain using this chart?

aa hip-references-horz.jpg

Right center of where r3b r2b and w x intersect.

Hi REM,
I hope some of the info / exercises Josephine left will help you.
Hopefully the pain is fading little by little.
Wishing you a great week!
@REM

Been some time since I stopped by to post an update, figured it was about time.
Still having pain in my right leg. Mostly when I lean forward. Still have the popping feeling when I first stand up but I'm feeling ok. Pain isn't overwhelming. I still get up and go about my day. Bills to pay family to support.

There is a new update for the group. My oldest daughter Kristin, delivered twins, girls of course. 7/14/18. My sister's birthday. That makes total number of granddaughters at 10. Baby "A" Cassidy needs heart surgery. She had to be the difficult one. Baby "B" Sonia is doing great. They're tiny. Only three pounds each.

Just wanted to say hello to all of you that helped me get through one of the hardest times in my life. Hoping all of you are healing well and are in in no pain.

Your Friend from Florida.

@REM congrats!Prayers for Cassidy. Glad you are feeling better.

• Friendly
Reactions: REM
Hi @REM
Congrats on the twins! Ten granddaughters....wow! You're really all in, grandpa.
Prayers for precious little baby, Cassidy. You'll have to update us on her progress.
I had a nephew who was a preemie at 28 weeks and under 3 lbs. Happy, healthy, thriving
and in his 30's now. The care they're able to offer these tiny little ones is miraculous.

I'm sorry you're still suffering pain. Is it the same pain Jo diagnosed? If so, wondering if the stretches
or exercises have helped at all? Consider icing at night...if you're able.

Thanks for the update. Try the exercises if you haven't yet and let us know how both you and Cassidy are doing. I hope your week is peaceful.

Cassidy and Sonia...beautiful names.
Grandpa with 10 granddaughters...oh my stars!:dubious:

Hope your daughter is doing well...so stressful having a little baby that has to go through that.
Sending prayers:praying:
I know you are busy but do try to take care of yourself.
When will you go for recheck?
Coming up on four and five month hipversary for your twin hips!
Hope all keeps getting better!:) :-) (:

@Layla
Hi Layla. Cassidy is doing much better. Her embilcal cord was what caused her heart rate to drop. Every time momma ate her heart rate would drop. Dropped as soon as they took momma off intravenous fluids and let her have real food. Made her stop eating and took them by C-section. My wife got to cut the cords. I have a picture but not sure if ok to post. I too am amazed by how they treat babies now. Nothing like my first born. Waiting room, " Its a Boy". Light up the blue cigar. LOL. @Mojo333. Didn't want to leave you out. You were a major part of my recovery. Your family so to speak. My next os appointment is 5/13/19. I've not iced muck lately. Could be a cause for my pains. My bed time. Night all.

Wonderful to hear little Cassidy is doing much better! Thanks for sharing.
I'll bet you can't wait to plant a kiss on those soft baby heads.
Don't they just smell so sweet. LOVE!
Do you have a rocker to go along with Grandpa status?

You have to heal those hips up so you're able to get down on the floor and play with all those grandkids.

Hope you have a great week, Gramps!
@REM

Don't tease with threat of newborn twins picture.
Love to see...:yes:
You're probably right about the ice though.
I was icing after work for up to six months and intermittently after that. Especially quads. Just felt like those muscles fired up all day needed some TLC after.
Morning stiffness also plagued me for a while.
Do try to still take time to baby that Hip when possible.
Like to see my family well!:)

@Mojo333
I do baby my hips as much as possible. Just got to get back on the ice. Pains not bad enough to make me dip into the leftover pain pills so ice should help. You are family to me now. You and @Layla. There are many others but you two offered the most help to me with all the advice and laughs. No rocker for me Layla. Got my daughter one though.

Oh my stars...those are the sweetest things ever. Aren't they gorgeous and amazing!!
You know the sweetest softest piece on a baby is the little fold of meat at their armpit.
They are simply miraculous.:angel:

I'm glad you think of me as family, do don't make me holler at you about not taking care of yourself!:nah:
Do try to take time to ice...really helps with inflammation (and reminds others you are still healing)
Plus it's been HOT! And it feels good!
Humpday tomorrow...woo-hoo!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom