THR REM's Recovery Thread<

OP
OP
REM

REM

Country
United States United States
@Mojo333

Thanks. To me they both look angry for the rude awakening they received. I'm icing right now. One under my right leg freezing my upper thigh and butt cheek where the pain is I get when I lean forward and one on my left incision area. I'd forgotten how good this feels. Watching new episode of deadliest catch. Good money short life expectancy

OP
OP
REM

REM

Country
@Mojo333
Do holler at me. Shows you care. Nice to have someone that worries about you and hardly knows you. But cares anyway. You have a a lot of heart. Yeaa. Humpday. Order foam day as I know it. Lol.

Eman85

supremo
Country
Hey @REM have you tried the stretches in Josephine's post? I've had pains in that area actually on my non op side too. I've been doing those stretches in the morning along with my others for my back and they seem to be working.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
Hi there :wave:

Aww, those sweet baby girls!
I'll bet they make your heart melt. Those tiny little feet and hands are so precious.
Prayers they make it home soon without incident.

Thanks for the kind words @REM We've enjoyed following your journey, sharing some laughs and watching you move through recovery. I hope you continue to share your progress and offer the heartfelt support you have to many. It's greatly appreciated!

I'm also wondering if you've had time to try the exercises Jo recommends through the
Piriformis Syndrome article? I hate to see you suffering pain if the exercises could help.
I'd love to see you moving forward with all pain in the rear view
as you "head out on the highway, looking for adventure". :hog:
Hope you've been having some good days and wishing you a great finish to the week! :)

OP
OP
REM

REM

Country
@Eman85,@Layla
Yes I did try the exercise. The following morning i could hardly take weight on that leg. It's not the first time I've had this pain. It happened once before and I was sent the same link and did the exercises then too. It went away once. Hope it does again. I'm back on the ice. I'm going to beat this. Speaking of ice. Off to go grab mine out the deep freeze. Hope all had a Great day.

Eman85

supremo
Country
@REM How's it going? With those stretches the point is to very gently try the position, feeling very little pressure on the muscle in your butt. My daughter is a fitness instructor and when I would do Yoga with her she was constantly yelling at me to stop pushing into the position so hard. I thought it wasn't working unless I looked exactly like she did in the position. It's more about slowly applying a stretch to the muscle day after day. I'm a real slow learner but this THR has slowed me down enough I think I'm learning better!

• Agree
Reactions: REM

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
:wave: hope you are doing well.
Hope the babies are all good.
Humpday!
Hope today is a Good Day!:tada:

OP
OP
REM

REM

Country
@Eman85

Going ok. Pain is slowly easing off. Still getting little pains every now and then. Trying to slow my roll. Looking forward to a day I can say I don't hurt somewhere. That will be a grand day if it ever comes.

OP
OP
REM

REM

Country
Hi @Mojo333
Im doing well. Hope the same for you. Babies are doing well. Sonia got the feeding tube taken out. Eating on her own now. Not putting on weight as fast as her sister but their doing good.
received_2283995588307837.jpg

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
Aww, look at the precious little sweethearts.
All snuggly in their hats and blankets. Before you know it they'll be tearing
around and unstoppable. Great news regarding Sonia! Thankfully things are moving in the right direction.

I'm happy to hear your pain is easing REM. I hope it continues.
Enjoy the rest of the week!
@REM

• Friendly

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
So so happy they are doing well!!
So so sweet.:angel:
I am doing well...I just received a call that I'm getting another 100 watermelons delivered as a donation to the Food Bank at 8 am.
Want to help?:doh:
I don't have any help so unless I can contact someone by then....it's me and me.

• Friendly

Eman85

supremo
Country
@Eman85

Going ok. Pain is slowly easing off. Still getting little pains every now and then. Trying to slow my roll. Looking forward to a day I can say I don't hurt somewhere. That will be a grand day if it ever comes.
Be careful what you wish for, I don't see a day of living that I won't have pain somewhere. Let's me know I;m alive!

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
Jerry Clower!
Haven't thought of him in forever.
He is a hoot:snork:
But right now, watermelons are not a joke!
:sigh:

Eman85

supremo
Country
Jerry Clower could make me laugh so hard I'd cry. I was fortunate to have seen him live quite a few times and have many tapes of him from back in the cassette days.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
I've got you beat...I had an 8 track tape!
Sorry for the derail @REM ...hope you like Clower!

OP
OP
REM

REM

Country
Yes he is funny @Eman85
@Moj333 did you get help with the melons? Big ones or little ones?
It was always sad when the player ate the tape or you listened to it so many times the tape broke. 8 tracks. Lol. Lord I'm old.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
I had a Neil Young Live Rust, and a Frank Zappa Yellow Snow spliced together two dozen times at least.
The players were horrid and the tapes! Yes, you'd have to roll them back up!
The melons were many and Large.
Stick a fork in me...I'm done!

• Friendly
OP
OP
REM

REM

Country
Laying on my bed using my ice packs. Right leg sore today. But good to be alive.
Got Sonia home yesterday. Yeah. Cassidy had to be transferred to another hospital Saturday around 2am. She'll be there till they do the surgery to repair her heart valve. Her oxygen levels dropped and they couldn't get them back up. She had a blood transfusion yesterday. So far she's a fighter.

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
ralibar
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom