Rehab Facility or Home after Surgery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best of luck to you tomorrow ---prayers being sent your way. Please post back when you are capable and let us know how things went and how you are doing!

See you on the other side!

Best of luck to you tomorrow ---prayers being sent your way. Please post back when you are capable and let us know how things went and how you are doing!
Hi Tim and everyone else! I made it to the "other Side" and am writing from REHAB! Thank you all for your support and suggestions as to going to rehab. Best thing I have ever done for myself - still getting use to not feeling "guilty" when I have to push the nurse button to ask for help. OK, so surgery went fine - operated on Monday, came to rehab on Thursday p.m. Leg is NOT bandaged, which surprised me. It was at first, but there's no drainage, so I'm told there's no need to bandage it. Pain right now is about an 8. 45 minutes ago it was at a 10, asked for my pain pills and they just kicked in. Have the ice machine on my leg and will soon ask for the cpm machine for my evening of reading and resting. Leg itself is REALLY UGLY! Or, depending on how you look at it - could be really sexy if I was trying to impress the Frankenstein monster - lol! Have 26 staples. Not sure how long I'll be here, but my dr. wants to seeme on the 14th or 15th. The one thing about my rehab facility that kind of sucks is that it's 45 miles from my home town. In a way, it's good, because as everyone knows, company while in the hospital can be exhausting. But, I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get to my dr's office next week. With gas at $4.00/gallon, I may have to bribe someone.

BTW, I live in Milwaukee, WI and we had a horrific mass shooting this a.m. at a Siekh Temple. Please pray for their community. I just don't understand what's happened to this country! And, when it happens in your own back yard, it's even more shocking, if that's possible. You know, last night I happened to turn on a rerun of the TV SHOW Father Knows Best - if life was only like that - or like Leave it to Beaver, or Dennis the Mennace, or any of those shows! OK, rambling now, pain pills have definitely kicked in...I will keep everyone posted. Have a good night.

Lindsay

Good to hear you're liking the rehab facility. You really shouldn't let your pain level get so high before getting meds, though. As you said, it takes a while for them to kick in. And it's harder to shake the pain once it gets hold of you.

I just heard about the shooting too and was horrified. And sorry it happened in my state too. I don't know what's wrong in this world.

That ugly leg really is a thing of beauty and will turn from an ugly duckling into a beautiful swan as it will help you to live pain-free! I am glad to read that you are on the "other side" and things are going well for you! Those re-runs helped me---and I know that they will help you get through these early days of recovery and rehab!

yaysmiles.gif
Lindsey has made it to the "other side"! Things sound as if they're going well right after surgery. You need to start a new thread in the Knee Recovery forum---pick a title that will be good for your whole recovery. I'll be looking forward to posting to you in your new thread.
hugsmile1.gif

I heard about the temple shjooting yesterday, and was very sad, my prayers will be with the community for help with their pain and suffering.
I also hope you have a non eventful recovery with your knee...take care...

BTW, I live in Milwaukee, WI and we had a horrific mass shooting this a.m. at a Siekh Temple. Please pray for their community. I just don't understand what's happened to this country! And, when it happens in your own back yard, it's even more shocking, if that's possible. You know, last night I happened to turn on a rerun of the TV SHOW Father Knows Best - if life was only like that - or like Leave it to Beaver, or Dennis the Mennace, or any of those shows! OK, rambling now, pain pills have definitely kicked in...I will keep everyone posted. Have a good night.

Lindsay[/quote]

Hi Lindsay, congrats on getting through your surgery, now the fun part starts. Wondering where in Milwaukee you live. My daughter lives in Franklin and her son goes to the daycare that is right across from the temple where the shooting was. I am glad the daycare wasn't open when that happened. Also, later this afternoon I am picking up my 3 year old grandson (we meet in Madison) and he will be staying with us for about a week. That will keep my mind occupied for awhile. My surgery is the 16th. What hospital did you have your surgery in? good luck to you.

Lindsay

Hi Lindsay, congrats on getting through your surgery, now the fun part starts. Wondering where in Milwaukee you live. My daughter lives in Franklin and her son goes to the daycare that is right across from the temple where the shooting was. I am glad the daycare wasn't open when that happened. Also, later this afternoon I am picking up my 3 year old grandson (we meet in Madison) and he will be staying with us for about a week. That will keep my mind occupied for awhile. My surgery is the 16th. What hospital did you have your surgery in? good luck to you.[/quote]
Hi Debbie - thanks for the "congrats". I live in one of the northern suburbs (Glendale), so not far from Oak Creek /Franklin and the temple. I've been watching the visitation and the service this afternoon. We could all learn from the SIEKH's outlook on life/death/forgiveness. My heart still breaks for all involved. I had my surgery at Columbia-St. Mary's-Ozaukee (Mequon) and am in rehab about 40 minutes from home - which, has actually turned into a good thing because company can be very tiring and I'm still very, very tired after PT & OT 2x/day! Good luck on your surgery, everything will be fine and then the fun begins! I can already tell you though, I'm walking better even with a walker, than I was 2 weeks ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom