• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Regular Or Recumbant Exercise Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nursepair

supremo
I can't get round on a recumbant bike yet, I am at 94 degrees ROM (just). I find the stationary bike easier myself. Can you try one or both at PT before you buy?

April

Hi Char,

Hope all is going well with you following your MUA. I purchased a regular stationary bike two days prior to my TKR, but will be returning it for a recumbant this weekend. I have been using it at home but am using a recumbant bike at P.T. and find I like it much better. My P.T. did say that a recumbant would be better for therapy following TKR. Either would be fine though.

April

Doug

alpha
Country
United States United States
I tried them both when I started therapy. The recumbent is much more gentle on the uh, rear end.
But, I get a better workout and can drive down harder with a regular bike. I get off every five mins to lower the sear, and stretch the leg.

JenniferG

supremo
Country
I use the regular one at PT. If I buy one it will be recumbant because it looks easier to get on and stay on. At PT I tell them that I could do an hour as opposed to minutes if the seat were more comfortable. My butt quits before my knees.

JenniferG

supremo
Country
Butt (pun), you sit on the motorcycle seat, you might be good with either.

Nursepair

supremo
How's your knee feeling today Char? Are you still free of the tight band feeling around your knee? I would so love to be free of that. I see my OS on 13th to see if I have to have an MUA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom