TKR Recovery Week 7 - June 9.2021

Thanks @Ghostpipe appreciate the comment and good advice. Before this 'bad turn' I did find upslope felt ok and could feel my knee working. Down has always been a problem. I will work on it.
At the moment I can't even do a step with crutches! I can see it will take a lot of time, work and courage...

Interesting tip about slopes @Ghostpipe.

@Moone I actually tell myself " heel toe bend" if I feel myself starting to go into a straight leg, flat foot gait. At week 7 today, I am just beginning to feel real progress on the stairs in the morning. But as the day wears on, I end up going up with the good leg, down with the bad.

This forum has some great info regarding proper gait. I have always walked with my toes pointing in, which doesn't work well with new knee alignment. So now I really pay attention to where my toes are going. As for stairs, even when practicing at PT, my mind overtakes what my new joint can do. Then, once I get over that, it works! It takes me a long time to re-learn some motions (and some wierd fear that it will cause pain. . . which now, it doesn't!).

Thank you for your comments. I'm still not back where I was but feel slightly better. Am not even trying our step at the moment as find it too stressful! Bum shuffled out of the house, short walks up and down the drive and nice sitting outdoors. Anxiety still a big part of this, and my good leg shaky which adds to it. Will rebuild slowly.
Thank you for help, too bend advice. I feel it may buckle more flat footed, the bend is still hard. I think swelling? Best for morning hours, exercises much easier, will rebuild walking...
I do find my nerves very jumpy. Have stopped tens machine as I could feel tingling all over for hours after. By evening my leg is twitching and does in bed too.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
shibbard
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom