Recovery Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

lianas

I had a total knee replacement and extensive mcl repair on 06-06-06. My recovery is moving comaparable slow. I am having a very difficult time trying to flex my knee, this is becoming very depressing. Has anyone else gone through same and if so what was your recovery time. Perhaps my expectations are unrealistic. Please share your experiences with me. Also, has anyone had an anesthetic manipulation. For the first 15 days after surgery nothing was done to this knee because the surgeon and the doctor at the rehab hospital did not communicate well. Your input would be greatly appreciated, I would like to see a light at the end of tunnel.

HI, I just posted a message regarding same subject and complications. How nice to hear of others in my place rather than all of the success stories I have heard. Yes, my doctor did consider manipulation but after examination of the knee, determined I was too locked up and tight and was afraid of breaking my leg! The next resort would be surgical removal of scar tissue and lowering the prosethesis to allow movement. I am hesitant about everything. I lost valuable time in the beginning also due to a bad reaction to the anesthesia. I feel so bad for you!

lianas said:
I had a total knee replacement and extensive mcl repair on 06-06-06. My recovery is moving comaparable slow. I am having a very difficult time trying to flex my knee, this is becoming very depressing. Has anyone else gone through same and if so what was your recovery time. Perhaps my expectations are unrealistic. Please share your experiences with me. Also, has anyone had an anesthetic manipulation. For the first 15 days after surgery nothing was done to this knee because the surgeon and the doctor at the rehab hospital did not communicate well. Your input would be greatly appreciated, I would like to see a light at the end of tunnel.

I had a knee replacement on 5/19. My recovery has been slow. My doctor said full recovery takes from 8 months to a year. You are not alone. I am waiting for my 3rd session of physical therapy.

I was told i needed a new knee but ai am getting very nervous reading about these complications, how many PT sessions should I plan on?

gperkins said:
I was told i needed a new knee but ai am getting very nervous reading about these complications, how many PT sessions should I plan on?

Also, how long is the recovery time after the replacement? Will I need help in the house or with my husband?

Husband has cancer and is on Chemo; Can he handle this and how long a stay will I be in the hospital?

Thanks...Fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member