BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

Recovery time

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Recovery Area' started by Jack E, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack E

Jack E new member

Had left knee replaced on sept 20, 2006 and right knee on nov 1,2006.I have heard that recovery can take as little as 3 months or as long as a year.Most on my pain is when I first get up from a chair or out of bed. I am able to walk around with out a cane or any orther help, but I still carry the cane around just in case. My Pt seems to be going okay, sometimes I feel like the Pt people just tell you what you what to hear, that you are doing great. I don't know if the weather has anything to do with the pain, I live in south Tex. one day it is 80 then overnight it gets down to 30.How about driving, sure do not like having to have someone take me everywhere I need to go. Staying around the house not being able to do the things that I used to do is a real let down. I am 59 retired and bored. Let me know hear from you if you have a questions or just want to vent you feeling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.