THR Recovery Roller Coaster Ride #3 for Me

@Josephine I had an MRI done and that is what showed the tibial plateau bruise and the displaced medial meniscal tear. My PCP sent me to therapy but nothing else has been done. The tear grabs occasionally but is not really painful. It is the burning pain on the inner area that bothers me. Going to mention it to my OS when I see him on the 18th.

Last edited:
@mystikfairy61, you sound like you are progressing very well. I’m only one week in from returning home from the hospital and I have a way to go. I cannot complain. I’m taking my pain meds exactly as prescribed for me.. they make me slightly groggy and that means that I sleep great.......for about 2 hours. Then I have to get up to pee. When I go back to bed I usually lie there for an hour or so, but I’m comfortable. I may dose a bit before I take my next pill.

I can get in and out of the bed by myself and get to the bathroom. I dress myself, retrieve my own ice packs when I need to. I’m not giving up the walker too soon. Like you said, staying with the restrictions can be hard to do, but I’m not taking any chances. You are the light at the end of my tunnel! I’m looking forward to just being able to go to the grocery

Keep up the good work. You’re almost there!

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

@Mscant thanks I did not realize I was helping anyone but glad I am. I am still doing those restrictions as well and it is harder to follow but I press on. Only a couple more weeks and hoping I will be released from them. Sounds like you are doing good for so early. It found that after having my second hip that each recovery is different. Just hoping I don't have a knee issue ahead of me with the meniscus tear I got back in June. Guess I will see when I go see OS on the 18th, wish me luck that there is no knee arthroscopic surgery in my near future. Have a wonderful day!

You know they say misery loves company. Just reading the stories of all the other hippies gives you that feeling that you’re amongst friends who understand the trials and rewards of hip surgery.

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

@Mscant very true it does help to read what others have been thru and I have done my share of reading. There have been so many that helped me thru both of my hips and my knee.

@Jaycey was not sure who to ask. I have a question. This may just be due to the hip not being settled yet. In my low back on op side right at my waist my back will get a little tight in that area and when I move around it will pop. I do have DDD in area of S3-S5 with some mild degenerative changes but was not sure if it could be my back or because my perceived LLD on op side keeps me noticably off to the side while standing and this is throwing my back off kilter. Going to run it past OS when I see him the 18th but just wanted to see if anyone else has had this. This just started last night and not doing any exercises other than walking.

Last edited:
Went to OS for recheck today. Xrays looked good however there is about a 1/2 cm actual LLD but I think once all of the muscles, tendons etc settle that with it being so small I won't even notice it. I did ask about my back and knee. Back is likely just some ligaments moving around since it is not painful. The knee burning is as I thought, probably the meniscus. We will look at it again when I go back in Dec in 8 weeks and see if it is getting better, if not may need it scoped to clean up the tear. I am not going to worry about it yet, hoping it will get better by then. I am going to do a little PT but how much I do is my discretion. I told him I wanted to stretch and strengthen so he did not even put in how many times a week, that is up to me. I am still to use 90 degree restrictions as close as possible for another 6 weeks but am allowed to drive and can use the.golfers leg behind me to bend over. I feel that all in all it was a good visit.

Sounds like a great visit all in all... Prayers for the muscles to tighten so no scope...
Huge HAPPY Hugs

Sounds like a good doctor's visit @mystikfairy61
Getting the green light on getting behind the wheel feels so liberating.
Hopefully all that's bothering you physically clears up before your next visit.
Hope you have a great night!

Hope all settles down @mystikfairy61 .
Healing hugs for you and hope you rest well.

I surprised myself today. The church I attend has a women's group that does a children consignment sale twice a year, fall/winter and spring/summer. Today was the first drop off time with hours from 4-8 pm. I got there about 5 and stayed and volunteered to help put things out for the sale so I could go to the volunteer sale, we are the first ones that get to shop. I took breaks every 20-25 mins but I worked until 7:30 so about 2 1/2 hours, no pain at all. My back was being strange with the way it has been popping but the hip was awesome. Took pain med before I went and had iced for a while beforehand but came home and no pain or swelling at all. In fact when I got home, I felt so good I picked up in our bedroom as well which had been sort of neglected since the surgery. Felt really good to do it all and better yet to do it without pain!:loveshwr::happydance::flwrysmile::yay:

Glad you were able to get out and help...happy your hip is doing you right.:happydance: Getting back to life is great.
Just be careful not to end up in the Overdid It Club...you've done this before, but you only have a month out. It never hurts me until I stop.

Awesome update @mystikfairy61
It's so great you got out, accomplished something beneficial and aren't feeling any ill effects.
Best Wishes for a great weekend of rest, relaxation and continued recovery!

Hope you have a super weekend double hippy friend. Will be picking up Walmart donations this morning with the help of four hearty volunteers, then Free til Monday. I'm feeling some soreness for the first time in over a month, when I though I was All Done with that. So guess I'll take it easy...guess will always need to be mindful of these hips?

It sounds like you are doing very well @mystikfairy61 . Hopefully the issue with the knee will resolve itself over the next few weeks. Since you will probably be using the knee a little less than normal while you recover from the hip. Maybe it will allow it to fix itself. Lots of double hippies around lately. You all deserve a lot of credit! Enjoy your weekend and remember to rest a bit in between other activities!!

@GrannyC Thanks I am sure hopeful. As far as double hippie, I am glad I did not have them done at the same time. Mine were 3 years apart.

@Mojo333 Believe it or not there will actually come a time down the road when you won't have to be that way. My right that was done in 2014, I don't even think about it. Now my left knee that was done in Nov 2014 still has tight feeling across the top of it and only 106 flexion but I guess that is just how it is going to be. So take heart, there is still hope that the forgotten hip is in your future.

Thanks Donna. Hope you have an easy week. I caught my stupid shoe in the screen door yesterday and face firsted it to the floor, caught myself with my arms, and hyper extended my leg and it is achy. No falling down. I'm such a klutz.
Wishing you a great Tuesday

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom