TKR Recovery #2

@sistersinhim
I had 2 biopsies taken at dermatologist. One on the face. I have a nice circle bandaid front and center that Hubs is going to draw a shamrock on for tmrw.
Fingers crossed I don't need Mohrs on it.
The other is from cyst on shoulder that opened and whew! It was Dr. Pimple Popper worthy. Sending that off to be safe. She said more than likely and inflamed cyst. I' m picking up an antibiotic soon.
Won't know anything else for awhile.

What's Mohrs?
Glad you are getting things sorted and having some antibiotics for the cyst. Just hope they don't upset your gut.
Good luck with the biopsies.
My endometrial one was fine- but may have been the cause of my strep A.....
Good you are getting antibiotic cover.

Mohrs (I think I spelled it right) is when the biopsy is positive and they have to go back in and cut more out. And deeper. Would probably need a plastic surgeon because its front and center on my face.
I'll be surprised if it's anything at all.
I think she prescribed Keflex because my gut....

I pray everything is negative. How did your knee handle it?

Mohrs (I think I spelled it right) is when the biopsy is positive and they have to go back in and cut more out. And deeper. Would probably need a plastic surgeon because its front and center on my face.
I'll be surprised if it's anything at all.
I think she prescribed Keflex because my gut....
Hi beachy, I have had two Mohs procedures on my face. Each was extensive and required plastic surgery reconstruction and months of laser work. I also had surgery to excise a melanoma on my face which also required extensive reconstruction.

Worst case if you do need Mohs or some other excision, be assured that an excellent plastic surgeon can repair and reconstruct anything. Believe me, I have photos that look like a horror show. Now that I'm reconstructed you really can't see at all where I had the surgery.

If you have any questions, want to see my before and after photos, or need any reassurance, please let me know. It's very traumatic to have procedures on our face. :flwrysmile:

Thanks @trinket! That was my understanding, too. I really think its going to be ok. I think doc was being proactive which I appreciate. I've had a few basal cell things removed and see my dermatologist regularly. If it turns out I need the Mohs, so be it. Then I'll ask you to see your pics.
I really appreciate you reaching out!:flwrysmile:

At 9 1/2 weeks Pia is learning to behave.
She gets a little tired and cranky (swollen) at times so I give her a rest.

I've finally become a social person LOL
Friday was a St Patty's party that was my first real outing. Pia did great, I had a glass of wine.
2 hrs was my limit though. Ready to go.
Saturday was dinner out for son's GF birthday. Again, 2 hrs and a glass of wine, great meal, I was done. Hubs did great, also.

Still not able to conquer large stores and shopping. All the walking, loading/unloading packages can wait.

Sleeping well, knee pain is minimal.
So glad I didnt have aggressive PT or try to rush this recovery.
Hang in there and be patient, Bonesmarties!

So pleased you can enjoy some social life. Great progress.

Pia is living up to her name. Again.
Apparently, being social for 2 hrs on 2 consecutive days is too much for her. LOL
She was swollen and very tight yesterday and today.

I took her to the gym today. We rocked the pedals on the bike, slowly, until I went around. Continued slowly for about 5 min. That seemed to loosen her up. Then walked slowly and carefully in clubhouse for 10-15 min.
Icing and elevating now.
We have been lazy for a day or 2.

One of the beautiful things about Bonesmart if you've had a tkr in the past....
I went back to my recovery thread from 2018. Lefty was acting up way more at 10 weeks (tomorrow). That was due to an extended stay in the ODIC. Pia is right on track with Lefty's recovery. She's not acting as bad as Lefty at 10 weeks!
Lefty was feeling really good at 12 weeks. I'm hopeful Pia will do the same!

Sorry to hear that Pia is being a pain!
Really good though that you can do a comparison with her sibling!
I am finding it useful to look back over my posts to chart progress. Just hope I don't need to do this again though.....
Good luck for 12 weeks and hope Pia follows through.

Darn that Pia! She will start behaving, I am sure of it. Thankfully you do have a journal here to reflect back upon and feel reassured that your recovery is pretty much on schedule with your last, which is wonderful. I wish I kept a better journal of my recovery rather than goofing off with other BS newbies like naughty school girls. Oh well, it was fun and one has to have some fun in recovery, right? May today be a good one...Happy Tuesday! :SUNsmile:
@beachy

Finally, 10 weeks today.
I think Pia has gained weight. She feels like I'm lugging around a heavy tree. Anyone else experiencing that this late in recovery?

Lots of muscle aches in both legs after trip to the gym yesterday. Felt good to move those muscles, though. Not going today. Will go tmrw.
Woo hoo....I'm going to get a few items at grocery store today. And they're all close together so not a ton of walking.
My life is just too exciting.

It is exciting to do things that you haven't been able to do for months. Only a joint replacement recipient would understand that! During my recovery, we girls had a little 'game' to see who could bend our knee further back from a certain spot while sitting on the potty. Now, who else would understand something like that except for a KR person?!

Beachy, you’re doing amazingly well! Pia will need a new name if this keeps up! Hope you enjoy your grocery store pt today. The heaviness…yes I remember feeling that sometimes. I believe it is another manifestation of swelling but could be wrong. I would sometimes feel it after a busy day. Not as awful as the hot, meaty feeling but just a bit uncomfortable. But you are wise and taking it a little easy today. And I don’t need to remind you that icing and elevating always helps! Hugs!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
MrsFeinbe
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom