TKR Recovery #2

That all sounds so positive. Great progress. The sleep is amazing and must help with healing.

Well...
The KBM paid me a visit late yesterday.
As the day went on I was very low energy. Spent most of the afternoon in recliner, ice, elevation, napping. Achy knee. Even with pain meds.
Didn't sleep well last night. And I definitely didn't over do it.
Could this be delayed reaction to Wednesday's PT? It was super easy and I didn't push myself.
This too shall pass.:bored:
Just part of the roller coaster.

Could this be delayed reaction to Wednesday's PT?
More likely it's your body using energy for healing, first, after the controlled trauma of your surgery. Our energy supply isn't limitless and our energy will be used for healing first, not always leaving a great reserve for all of the other activity of daily living. It is completely normal to feel tired for quite some time post op and you're only one month into the healing process. Take advantage of naps if you're able. Our body does the best healing while we're sleeping.

So there you have it, your body working just as it should! :yes!:
Have a great weekend, beachy!

I believe it could be the delayed reaction of your PT. For me, the day after the day after, in other words, the second day after, is usually my worst day. This is true for overworking, injury, surgery, or anything of that type of thing.

Overall, you have had a great recovery. This step back is only temporary and you will soon get back to where you were and even better. You bring such encouragement to this site and now we are here for you to lean on and to encourage you right back! :prayer: :flwrysmile:

Here's the latest photo of of Pia. I had a new knee name contest on FB. None of the suggestions worked. During the first week I named her PIA. Pain In A:censored:

Attachments

• IMG_20230210_123940.jpg
    IMG_20230210_123940.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 39
Beachy, I could not life my operated total knee replacement for two and a half weeks post op. My at home (at the time) physical therapist said this was because the quad tendon had been cut and stitched up. We had a message board for the surgical group, and I was told not to worry because the tendon needed to heal more before I'd be able to lift my leg. Don't worry, you will bet there.

The photo of your scar looks amazing. It really is a work of art. I love the name Pia for your knee- so good I might steal it!

@LemonCheesecake
No worries with lifting the keg. It happened around week 3. Yesterday I put my furry, warm socks on all by myself! Without thinking I crossed my new knee over the old one. First time I could do that. Hubs has been putting the sock on rightie til yesterday! I feel all grown up now!! :rotfl:
@EalingGran I'll be sure to tell my surgeon at post op appt!
@Jockette I hope she doesn't become Pia the Drama Queen. So far she's still a PIA

That all sounds like great progress. It is nice not to be so dependent.

Yesterday I put my furry, warm socks on all by myself! Without thinking I crossed my new knee over the old one. First time I could do that. Hubs has been putting the sock on rightie til yesterday! I feel all grown up now!! :rotfl:
I remember how wonderful this felt! You are crossing these hurdles almost daily now! And you're doing this with the nice, gentle approach. This really works for you.

Being grown up can be good, but sometimes it's nice to a kid, too. :catdance:

:egypdance::egypdance::egypdance:
Today I took Tootsie for a very small walk. 2 houses up then 2 houses back. That way I was close to home or in front if house.
Then I made a pot of chicken soup for hubs...he has a bad cold. And we know how the man flu is:rotfl:. Sorry guys, but it truly is a thing.

Is anyone having an issue with Amazon? They are dropping boxes on my porch every other day.
I don't know who keeps sending stuff to me!:rofsign:This has to stop. But, its my therapy.
Icing and elevating the rest of the day!

Is anyone having an issue with Amazon? They are dropping boxes on my porch every other day.
The bad part about it is we have to pay for them. No fun doing that!

Then I made a pot of chicken soup for hubs...he has a bad cold. And we know how the man flu is:rotfl:. Sorry guys, but it truly is a thing
Just hope you don't catch it. There have been some horrible bugs over here- although it's not helped by having one of my baby grandsons living with us currently. We call him the biohazard!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Susie-Q
    Staff member since February2, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member