Tibial Plateau Fracture Recovering from fractured tibial plateau surgery

@lilmom21 I am so glad to read you are getting help from family and the church.

I know watching your baby grow and progress and not being able to fully engage must be frustrating. Just remember this is a short space of time for a lifetime of chasing that youngster.

I’m so glad you have family coming in to help for so long! It’s always more comfortable to have people we know helping us in our homes.

I hope your doctor can develop a more compassionate nature.

Awesome that you have an understanding therapist!

I hope your husband will be able to make headway with his company!

Continued hugs and prayers!

Your family is coming through for you big time. You’ll be so happy to have them. And the church is there for you, too. That’ll be beyond helpful. With small children, you can use even more help than most who go through this kind of ordeal. And that you are already working with a gentle, understanding therapist is wonderful! Hang onto that one.

Paperwork and dealing with bureaucracies can be the most frustrating. It all sorts out but you and your husband may have to become squeaky wheels to move things along. Eventually it all gets done.

I’m glad things are working out and that you reached out to your church! Good for you! Hopefully things with your husband with move along as well.

I'm so glad you have such wonderful family members to help you out in your time of great need. And after that, your church family is there to help, too! Everything is working out for you. Now, to get all that paperwork straight for your husband!

My family is amazing. I have a train of family members flying in for a week to 2 weeks at a time so I have help until the 2nd week in February so far.

@lilmom21 I LOVE that your family is helping you. I had a similar, though not as extensive experience, with my family after my surgery and when I was released from skilled nursing. My dear cousin and almost sister flew to CA from CT to stay with me for a week, and then my daughter in law flew in from Denver to stay for a week after my cousin left. By the time my daughter in law left I was 3 1/2 weeks out from surgery, so I was ok by myself. I didn't have a wee one to care for like you do. But my daughter in law had set me up with a laundry service and also having groceries delivered, so I was all set. Family is wonderful.

You've got this lilmom21, and you will definitely survive and be all the stronger when this is all over with. And I have found that I am much more compassionate with folks with disabilities now that I have come through the last year with walkers, canes, handicap parking placards, and all the rest. And I can spot someone with knee issues a mile away.

Keep us posted!

I don’t know where you live, but if you’re in the US chances are you have a Walmart in the area. I know in some of them you can order things online and then go pick them up.

I didn’t know that until recently. My new son in law did that after his first wife died. He has 4 kids so he found ordering online like that worked really well for him.

Maybe other stores do that, too. I’m sure he was using a super Walmart which has a regular grocery store in it. Not all Walmart’s do. But it would be helpful if your local grocery store has this option.

I just want to say thank you. This thread from a group of caring and intelligent women from five years ago has been the most helpful, reassuring and most informative from anything I’ve found on the internet or received from my surgeon.

As I go in for my own tibia plateau fracture surgery I’m more reassured and less stressed.

*Though I will say that I am very blessed to have a husband that is allowed to work from home as long as he needs to.

@JojoY Hi and Welcome!

I’m glad this thread was helpful to you!

Why don't you start your own thread and tell us a bit more about your situation. Our members are here to support you. Here's a link to Starting a new thread and posting . :flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back