THR Recliner Suggestions

lizard615

Country
United States United States
Since my surgery has been postponed I thought I would shop for a recliner. Right now I have a lift recliner in my shopping cart on Amazon. Just wondering if a lift recliner is necessary? Or should I go with the regular recliner? Just looking for some suggestions!

I wouldn't say it's necessary but it's handy. If you have a manual recliner it works good especially if it has a handle to recline and sit up. It's hard to kick the ones with a button to the down position right after surgery. A chair that is high enough with arms to help lift yourself out with work best. I bought a cheap Ashley electric recliner, not a lift and it worked great. Got 2 THR's out of it and it's a nice chair. Only downside is that it doesn't have a battery back-up. I actually have been in it when the power went out, luckily post recovery so I could get out of it.

Loved my recliner for recovery...actually only place I could really sleep for a while.
I had one like Eman described but needed a bit of help for the first few days getting out of it.
@Layla used a lift recliner and loved it.

You’re going to love it! I loved mine and while unnecessary for a normal, healthy recovery, I can’t imagine those early weeks without it. I didn’t have massage or heat. The heat may come in handy while you’re on ice :ice: I think you’ll enjoy it for years to come. Also,
reclining with your feet above heart level, toes above the nose, allows gravity to naturally reduce swelling and inflammation, boosting circulation and aiding in recovery.

Happy Saturday!
@lizard615

The massage function sounds wonderful especially when sleep is difficult. I am sure you will love it.

So happy you have one ordered! It was a huge help to me. I was so thankful to be able to rent one, when and if any of our existing furniture gives out, we will purchase a lift chair, we aren't getting any younger!

Thank you so much for all the comments! I’m excited about my chair and hopefully this week I’ll hear something about my surgery!

My recliner was my nesting buddy for quite sometime.:) :-) (:
Hope they get you a date very soon:fingersx:

Maybe using the recliner now will help with some of the discomfort while you wait.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom