THR Ready Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

aja8888

Country
United States United States
I just received an email asking me to sign on to "Ready Surgery", a website that I know nothing about. They used my surgeon's name as a reference saying that they can "assist" me with (unlear) during the surgery process.

Since I never have heard of them and it wasn't clear what their purpose was, I have not gone any further than just looking at the email. It includes a link for me to add all my personal information.

Does anyone here know what this Ready Surgery site is all about? Is it SPAM?

Thanks

I'm guessing they mined your info from somewhere. You could call your surgeon and see if they are involved with the email. If not then I wouldn't respond and I'd report it as phishing if your email provider has the option.

I sent a copy to the surgeon and his team with a copy of the email. Haven't heard back yet and was wondering if anyone here had the same experience.

Last edited:
Never heard of this. And there is lot of stuff mentioned on this board ... nope, never heard of it.

Good idea to check with surgeon. I got a call from my insurance company ... which had a nurse who was assigned to check on me ... don't remember them checking on me any other time, for any other condition. But she was legit.

This catchy title sounds like something commercial to me. I just went to the website and couldn't tell heads or tales what their mission is ... or who their audience is ...

I just found out what this is all about. My Doc (Dr. Kreuzer) has a Risk Assessment started for his patients. I wish they would have let me know ahead of time that I was going to be asked to be part of this. Here's the response I just got from the office:

"Yes, this is a new risk assessment survey that Dr. Kreuzer has implemented in the surgery scheduling process.
As you know, Dr. Kreuzer has his research team that works very closely with Inov8 Orthopedics."

On the "as you know" stuff....I didn't!

Please report back on what it's all about. My skeptical mind thinks it's some sort of marketing for products or services you didn't ask for.

I just filled out the survey. It's more about my pain in the hip before surgery and some other questions about meds and my well being. I submitted it and I also printed out a copy of the survey result. I guess I will find out more after the surgery. I'll ask the Doc about it at the hospital when I see him.

Hmmm.... not sure I would be too keen about having my contact details shared with a company without my permission. How much data are they collecting about you? Is it anonymous or connected to your personal details?

Research is fine - if you consent to be a part of it.

This appears to be an app for surgeons and anesthesiologists to try and predict potential risks for patients prior to surgery. It is one I wasn't aware of. There are tons of these companies popping up these days. There is big money in data and programs related to joint replacements.

The problem with some of these programs is when they tie information you provide about your symptoms and your surgeon gives information about your surgery and outcome AND it's tied to your identity through your medical records with your surgeon. I suggest you make sure this is not the case as, once the data is out there, you cannot get it back.

BoneSmart is also working on a couple of initiatives in this area, but we specifically will NEVER tie a member's identity to any data collected. Maybe this company has chosen that path as well. I hope your surgeon confirms that for you.

Did you have to enter your name or any other personal data when you logged in to their survey screens?

My OS has the same type of survey but it comes directly from the office through my patient portal. They sent me one for the pre-op and I remember last time they sent follow u surveys post-op. Mine was easily identifiable when it came through.

:wave:@aja88aja
Hope your Sunday is restful and you are feeling ready to say bye bye to hip pain!
All the best for you tomorrow :ok:

Hello and a Happy Sunday to you.
Well, tomorrow is your big day. We'll be thinking of you and wishing you only the best. I will look forward to following your journey on the flip side.
See you over there soon! :wave:
@aja8888

Right side THR. Second new hip - first one was left side 11/2008.

It's now Friday and been home since Tuesday. Monday was the surgery. I'm doing OK and able to walk, using a walker, with no problem although the swelling is noticeable. Pain is tolerable. Icing daily and eating OK. I don't recall how long it took to recover from my first hip replacement (left side) 11 years ago, but this one seems like it will take longer. Hey, I'm 11 years older too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks