THR Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement

Two year check on hip number 2 done. All looks good - come back in 10 years or sooner if problems.

I did fess up about powerlifting and he had no problems with it and didn't impose any limits other than listening to body and watching form (like any other lifter). He even said I might consider posting the video I showed him of me doing 125 lb squat on his website to show patients what's possible after hip replacement.

Last edited:
Wowza! Wonder Woman.
Glad all is well and you continue to thrive with your two new hips.
I hope you have a nice Thursday and a great weekend. We're in the 30's today but heading for some very cold days next week.
Hopefully your weather is still tolerable. :wave:
@SaraK

Happy 2 year Anniversary :happydance: I have such hope for the future of my hip after reading how well you're doing !!! I will definitely be in touch with you after my pre op appointment , I have some more questions about the procedure . And wishing you the best of luck in your competition:yahoo:

Hello and a Happy Monday to you @SaraK
Sending wishes for a very Merry Christmas.
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
And a happy, healthy, 2020!
I'm sure you'll be out rockin it on NYE. :happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:

A wonderfull Christmas to you @Layla and @Mojo333 and all my hippie friends! Yes, lots of dancing planned for this weekend and NYE - I do have to celebrate the anniversary of the psoas release, after all. Lots of weightlifting in the next few weeks as well as I prepare for a “practice meet” on 2/22/20!

Lots of weightlifting in the next few weeks as well as I prepare for a “practice meet” on 2/22/20!
:thud:

Merry Christmas, dear friend.:banana-santa:

Snuggling up with a beautifully warm afghan with hot chocolate is my idea of a wonderful New Years Eve.:wink:
Thanks for posting about your journey and supporting others in their quest for a pain free future.
:wreath:christmas-angel:wreath:

Happy New Year @Mojo333 and @Layla and all of my other BS friends! Today's also the anniversary of my psoas release - it has made a world of difference in how I feel and what I can do. After working a few hours, a workout at the gym (hit 92 lbs on benches yesterday) and then mucho dancing tonight!

:hi: Sara
Happy One Year Anniversary! It's so wonderful that your Psoas Release brought you the relief you were seeking allowing you to live the life you're enjoying today. Congrats on your progress in the gym! I hope you have a wonderful time out dancing :happyfeet:this evening while ringing in 2020.
Stay safe and enjoy!
@SaraK

:happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:

Well, back to finding new ways to hurt myself! I was dumb and didn't have someone to spotting when I was benchpressing. One too many reps at 80 lb and the weight came down on one side and hyperextended the shoulder. Still having problems 3 weeks later so I saw an ortho Wed and have an MRI on Monday evening to check labrum/rotator cuff/tendons. It was kind of funny seeing the surgeon's response when I told him how I injured the shoulder!

Just need to get this healed before my meets. I can just do squat and deadlift if necessary for the one later this month (doc was ok with me continuing those since they don't bother me now) but need to be able to do all 3 lifts in May. This is my shirt for competitions.
A13usaonutL._AC_CLa_2140,2000_711awlae39L.png_0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0_UY780_.jpeg

Then I'll have to start thinking of new trouble to get into!

Ha ha! Sorry for you but I did laugh. Just got back from a holiday where 1.5 years out from the op I was back to scuba diving. And so proud of myself. All went well until I was wheeling my trolley with very heavy suitcases to the taxi after the hols. One false move and wrenched a muscle near my hip. Ouch ! Serves me right. A lot of ice and paracetemol sorted it! Eventually.

Oh, SurreyGirl, I feel for you. Now we just get to hurt ourselves like everyone else (and I have a number of couch potato years to make up for). I have always been and will always be klutz, but now I'm enjoying every minute of it!

Ow! And Oh My Stars..:flabber:
I do hope nothing is torn.
Cant you just take up Polka dancing or something?

The Tshirt is Perfect.
:ok:
Please let us know what MRI shows.
(((Hugs)))

I guess polka is a possibility. Or maybe base jumping or rock climbing . . .

Ouch, ouch, ouch! I'm sorry to read this, Sara.
I hope it's nothing serious and time will help heal whatever is going on.
Good luck with your MRI tomorrow evening.

Love the t-shirt and had a good laugh over Mojo's polka dancing idea. :wink:
However...it would keep you safe and on your feet. :yes:

Let us know what you hear...
@SaraK

Now we just get to hurt ourselves like everyone else (and I have a number of couch potato years to make up for). I have always been and will always be klutz, but now I'm enjoying every minute of it!

My sentiments exactly! And as @SurreyGirl also has found, we are going to continue to have mishaps as long as we plan to stay active. It is so frustrating though, when they happen, because after getting our hips sorted out, we aren't in the mood to be dealing with the results of clumsiness, overdoing, and/or aging! :bignono:

So nice to hear all the fun things people are doing following their hip replacements!

@Debru4 spot on! I am more active now than for at least 5 years but have to acknowledge the ageing process too. Back in cold uk and at a computer 7 hours a day I note the old aches and pains coming back so have to make the effort to stretch more and to get up and move about more often. So glad Sara has her life back. The naughty muscle I had which just hated going downstairs and impeded my progress is finally as it should be.

Not sure about weightlifting (I used to do it) as I am convinced it aggravated my bad hip and I would like my right hip to behave itself in order to put off another operation.

Anyone wearing heels? I have a lovely pair of strappy sandals with 2.5 inch heels that my feet (swollen for over a year) can finally get back into. I find my posture actually improves when I wear them.

Just interested in what people can do now that they could not before!

Hope this is hijacking your thread Sara. So pleased for you :)

Guess there's a wait for results of MRI?
Thinking of you this morning and hope you are not in too much pain.
Or maybe base jumping or rock climbing
I might can get on board with rock climbing...but no falling!
No for the base jumping ...that requires falling.:flabber:

Last edited:
Well, shoulder forum here I come! I'm still waiting to hear from the scheduler, but will be having a torn rotator cuff repaired (full tear of more than 50% of supraspinatus), labrum cleanup and possible release of long bicep tendon.

My PT is very scared - I told him he was the one that was going to be responsible for holding me back for the 6-12 month rehab (after 6 weeks in a sling)!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom