THR Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement

Yep - glad to see doctors because of my clumsiness instead of normal life hurting. I think I made it half way across the stream (so about 5 feet) before I took a dip. Glad it was a warm day and I dried off quickly.

:hi:
Wondering if all is well in SaraK's world and if you have time off for the Independence Day holiday?
Hope all is well with you and yours.:ok:

Hello, Mojo (and anyone else checking in)! Things are going very well here - but hectic! Since we got back from vacation (was it really over a month ago), I've been super busy with work and my son's swim team (I do all of the computer work and the "trainee" I was supposed to have has been AWOL the entire season). There was one night that I got home from the swim meet at 11 am and then reviewed documents until 1 am for a 7:30 am meeting. I definitely didn't like my alarm that morning! When the swim season is over in a couple of weeks, I'll finally be able to normalize my schedule at the gym again - I saw a friend there the other night and she asked if I'd been ill because it had been so long since we'd seen each other (we used to see each other at the gym almost every day).

My son took his first trip without me or other adults (no counting kids his age). He and 4 boys and 4 girls took a week long trip to Colorado a couple of weeks ago. He texted me when they arrived but then didn't send me a text over the next few days. I finally broke down and sent him a text to ask if he was still alive and got a 1 word response - "yes." I was definitely happy to get him back (although I did enjoy my taste of being an empty nester).

We went to KC for my mom's 75th birthday last weekend. So I'm definitely looking forward to some extra time off this week to relax. I have to work today (but will probably duck out of here about 3pm) and then off until Monday (for another dreaded 7:30 am meeting). Lots of fun things planned. Dancing and fireworks tonight, a hike, then a BBQ then dancing and fireworks tomorrow, a hike and dancing Saturday and maybe another hike on Sunday. In other words, a lazy weekend! :heehee:

Hope all is well with you @SaraK
Another hot one today and likely tomorrow and the next day and...well, you get the picture.
I'm so glad the tendon release surgery has gone so well for you and hope it will prove to be equally successful for JWS.
Hope today is a great day. :friends:

Yes, everything is going well here. Nothing really new to report other than, now that swim team is over, I'm getting back to my gym routine. I'm also getting ready for my son to move into the dorm (3 weeks from today). Him moving into the dorm means lots of prep work for me - he'd present himself (a week late) without sheets or towels or anything other than the clothes on his back if it were left to him! I've told him my prepping will come to a screeching halt if he doesn't at least look through his university e-mail today for tuition bills, anything the University needs for enrollment, etc. He let the iPad die about 2 months ago and hasn't charged it since!

All of which means I'm looking at the weekend after he moves in as my relaxation time!

I understand...mom is the bomb.

Son safely installed in dorm - check
Spent first 2 nights as an empty nester without tears - check
Back squats with 105 lbs - check
Dancing tonight - check
Living and loving life as a double hippie - checkmate!

Awesome, Sara!
Have fun tonight :happyfeet: and celebrate it ALL! :martini:
You tomorrow > :alarm: :heehee:
@SaraK

Did you ever notice that dumb alarm is set for 9:00?
Who sleeps till 9:00 anyway? I wish! Those days are decades gone, lol.

Depends on what day it is! I set my alarm for noon on Sat and Sun if nothing going on!

OH MY GOODNESS. I'm jealous, I can't even imagine...

Two years ago this time I was arriving at the surgery center for my "drive-thru" hip replacement. Yes, hip number 2 is 2 years old today.

It was a long journey in the first year. After a quick initial recovery, I developed psoas impingement and dealt with significant pain until I could get the right diagnosis and treatment.

Now, 11 months after the psoas release surgery, this double hippie is so happy! I am hiking, dancing and now powerlifting. My first competition (just to get my feet wet) will be an internal meet at the place my trainer works. I'm not where I want to be for other meets yet but want to give it a try. I currently do 135 lb on squats, 170 lb on deadlifts and 85 lb on benchpress.

Have a great day everyone!

:yahoo::yahoo:TWO YEARs...REALLY?
Great to hear all is well with you my hippy friend...:friends:

Hi Sara :wave:
Wow...I can't believe it's been two years already. Thanks for the update!
It's good to hear you're happily engaging in all that brings you joy and fulfills you. All the best, always! :)
@SaraK

What a great update! Good luck on your upcoming competition, you are doing what we are supposed to do, living and loving an active life!

:umm:BTW, I don't like those squats with weight. Really worry about lifting heavy weights period...(enter worry wart)

But you probably knew that's what I would've said if I was paying attention.
If you weren't such a smart lady, i would worry more.
Please be safe!:beg:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member