THR Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement

I'm glad you finally got some answers...
I hate to see you have to consider another surgery, but we do what we must, right?
You are way too full of life to be held back by this.
Please keep us updated...I want you well!:angel:

First hurdle cleared. Sed rate normal and CRP less than 0.5 so also normal. No sign of infection. Now to wait for metal levels.

Awesome news, Sara!
Let us know when you get the metal results.
Prayers all is okay :prayer:
@SaraK

:hi:
What was the timeline for getting your test results?
I hope your week is easy and uneventful!:friends:

I'm betting I won't hear from the surgeon until Wednesday at the earliest but have been on tenterhooks since Saturday morning. I could see from the hospital's patient portal on Saturday that the chromium level was fairly high. I couldn't see the cobalt or titanium results, though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't mean a revision is in my future.

Today I could see that he's having all 3 metals retested. I've been taking chromium picolinate for years and sent him an email making sure he was aware of that (if there were an issue with the cobalt/chromium head, I would think both levels would be high but, if only chromium, it might just be the meds).

As always, @Mojo333 , I appreciate the support from and @Layla ! :flwrysmile::loveshwr:

Wow - much quicker than I expected! I just had a call from the surgeon about the results. He said the chromium was the only high result and it wasn't "critically high." He's not sure whether it was caused by the chromium picolinate (he'd seen my email before he called) but said it was possible. At this level, he said he would just recommend repeating the test in 6 months. I'll sleep better tonight than I did over the weekend!:yahoo:

His office will contact me to assist in scheduling the injection and I'll see him 6 weeks after to see how things are going. (While I will confirm when I'm having the injection, I will assume that I should give it a week to take effect and then do everything possible to test it, right?) :good-bad:

Now we need @Marvy to get some good news from the ultrasound and @ebair23 to get the injection as well!

Thank you, Jesus!
I'll bet that feels like a load off, Sara. Thanks for sharing, I can only imagine how worried you were.
Let's hope that injection brings you speedy relief.
Wishing you a peaceful day!
@SaraK

Thanks @Layla - after months of waiting and trying to get people to listen and consider this possibility, things are moving so quickly. The injection is now scheduled for this Wednesday morning!:dancy::happydance::spin::egypdance::yay:

:beg:I certainly hope it's just the meds...please let us know.

On a much lighter note, my baby's senior pics (or one of them). May not be as cute as grandbaby pics, but his mother thinks he's handsome!

726_1540245953910.jpeg

Good looking boy @SaraK! Stopping in to see how things are going--sorry that darned psao hasn't improved. Glad you have injection scheduled--hope it resolves the issue.

Good to see you @MammaT - how are you doing lately?

Lol--still some tendon or something issue with my first hip @SaraK! Was walking down a hill last Sunday and something went wanky in my left knee. Hasn't cleared up yet. Cut way back on walking (was up to 5 miles a day). Going to see if it improves. See OS Nov.6 for 9 month check.

Right hip is terrific!

I obviously posted above before reading your updates but Great News.:yay:
Your son is certainly quite handsome!:yes:

Hope infection will bring relief.
Have a great day!:SUNsmile:

InJection!!!!
Oh my stars...won't edit but SaraK has been around long enough to know DAC had always been my nemesis!!:headbang:

Maybe if they hadn't already ruled out infection @Mojo333 . In current circumstances (and knowing your DAC history and how you would react seeing it) it WAS funny! :friends:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft