• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

THR Ready for My Tune Up

OP
OP
SaraK

SaraK

post-grad
Country
United States United States
Two year check on hip number 2 done. All looks good - come back in 10 years or sooner if problems.

I did fess up about powerlifting and he had no problems with it and didn't impose any limits other than listening to body and watching form (like any other lifter). He even said I might consider posting the video I showed him of me doing 125 lb squat on his website to show patients what's possible after hip replacement.

Last edited:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Wowza! Wonder Woman.
Glad all is well and you continue to thrive with your two new hips.
I hope you have a nice Thursday and a great weekend. We're in the 30's today but heading for some very cold days next week.
Hopefully your weather is still tolerable. :wave:
@SaraK

Ryesgma

Country
Happy 2 year Anniversary :happydance: I have such hope for the future of my hip after reading how well you're doing !!! I will definitely be in touch with you after my pre op appointment , I have some more questions about the procedure . And wishing you the best of luck in your competition:yahoo:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hello and a Happy Monday to you @SaraK
Sending wishes for a very Merry Christmas.
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
And a happy, healthy, 2020!
I'm sure you'll be out rockin it on NYE. :happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:

OP
OP
SaraK

SaraK

post-grad
Country
A wonderfull Christmas to you @Layla and @Mojo333 and all my hippie friends! Yes, lots of dancing planned for this weekend and NYE - I do have to celebrate the anniversary of the psoas release, after all. Lots of weightlifting in the next few weeks as well as I prepare for a “practice meet” on 2/22/20!

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Lots of weightlifting in the next few weeks as well as I prepare for a “practice meet” on 2/22/20!
:thud:

Merry Christmas, dear friend.:banana-santa:

Snuggling up with a beautifully warm afghan with hot chocolate is my idea of a wonderful New Years Eve.:wink:
Thanks for posting about your journey and supporting others in their quest for a pain free future.
:wreath:christmas-angel:wreath:

OP
OP
SaraK

SaraK

post-grad
Country
Happy New Year @Mojo333 and @Layla and all of my other BS friends! Today's also the anniversary of my psoas release - it has made a world of difference in how I feel and what I can do. After working a few hours, a workout at the gym (hit 92 lbs on benches yesterday) and then mucho dancing tonight!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:hi: Sara
Happy One Year Anniversary! It's so wonderful that your Psoas Release brought you the relief you were seeking allowing you to live the life you're enjoying today. Congrats on your progress in the gym! I hope you have a wonderful time out dancing :happyfeet:this evening while ringing in 2020.
Stay safe and enjoy!
@SaraK

:happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Pennysmom
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom