THR Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement

Hate to hear that.:sigh:
I know you are weary of this, and not thrilled with the thought of the procedure but I hate to see you wait three months for pain relief.
Hope doctor will get with you sooner.
Thinking of you and really hope it doesn't get so bad quickly.:friends:

Unfortunately, it all came rushing back overnight. I woke with pain every time I turned over or moved. I've said before that you don't realize how much pain you're in until it goes away. Now I'll add when it rushes back - feels like getting kicked in the groin!

I'll just have to keep remembering how good it can be. If nothing else, I'm going to try to move up the doctor's appt so that I can at least discuss the path forward even if I he won't do another injection or surgery until the 3 month point.

Tossing and turning and lack of sleep..
It's just so frustrating:bored:
Do you have anything for pain you can take at night that can help?

Plenty of sympathy from me to you.:console2:

I hate the narcs and won't take them unless I absolutely have to (and never did think they did a lot for pain for me). Nothing really takes it away but the muscle relaxants do at least make me sleepy enough that I go back to sleep fairly quickly.

and never did think they did a lot for pain for me).
Same, but glad you get some help from the other meds!
The pain in my patootie is going to come from the madness today at work..not even comparable to your distress...but you can feel sorry for me anyway if you'd like :heehee:

Mojo, I feel your pain but I'm glad you'll be working your bum off! Unfortunately, we often only think about the food insecure over the holidays. It makes this time busier for you but means fewer kids will go to bed hungry. I just wish we could keep up the momentum year round. I used to organize a food drive at my office at the beginning of the summer - need to do that again!

I'm sorry you're going through this, Sara.
Wishing you comfort and relief.
I hope you find answers soon. :console2:
@SaraK

:hi:
Wondering if you have big Thanksgiving plans and how you have been?
My pop wants to do Thanksgiving at his home, likely the last one there as he transitions to Assisted Living facility the first of the year.
He is basically having it catered...ordered Fried Turkey and all the fixings from local restaurant.
Not the same as home cooking but I'm certainly not a cook, do it will at least give us family time.
Which can be good...or can be awkward!
Hope today will be a good day!:SUNsmile:

Hey Mojo, I'm going to my mom"s house in KC for Thanksgiving. My younger son is going with me but my older son is staying here. We'll leave bright and early Wed - right after my followup with the new doctor. So, hopefully, I'll have a new game plan then.

Even with the remaining issue, I am thankful for both THRs and the new life. I have. I'm thankful for 2 great sons .They are great guys and are preparing themselves to adult. The first will go solo after graduation for his masters in May and the second is preparing leave home for college. I'll miss them but will take heart in having done my job as a parent to get them to that point.

Enjoy this last Thanksgiving at your dad's. We used to have TG at my grandmother's house (think 50 people in e bedroom apartment - and 50 only because half of the family didn't come because they were feuding with the other half). That ended about 6 years ago when she went into the nursing home. It's just not the same now but it will always be special as long as family is there.

@SaraK so sorry to see that the effects of the shot have been transient.

Kudos to you for your positive attitude. I hope the new OS has a plan to sort this bitchy problem out for you. Permanently. Strength and comfort to you!

Best of luck with your appt tomorrow, Sara, I hope you get some good news.
Safe travels with your son tomorrow to your mom's in Kansas City. I hope you enjoy your time together.
So...you'll be an empty nester soon. That milestone was a tough one for me. I was only 45 and couldn't believe I already raised two kids and they were out on their own! Lots of this > :bawl:initially. But then, sometimes they come back as mine both did, once each. Naturally, that's after you finally get used to them not being there :heehee:
Kids....gotta love em! I do love mine to pieces.
Hope today is a good one for you!
@SaraK

My appointment with the doctor this morning was very short. He said that it was definitely psoas impingement and the fact that I got significant, if fleeting, relief was a good sign that a release would provide a good permanent solution. He also said surgery was the only real option left since I'd done rest. NSAIDs and PT and I wasn't likely to get more lasting relief from another injection. I thought he did this sort of surgery but he doesn't do any hip scopes. I'm being referred back to the doctor whose office gave me his name since the referring doctor doesn't generally see someone after they've had a hip replacement (so, going back to the referring doctor who was the one that diagnosed my first hip but didn't do the first surgery). I've called to set up an appt but they needed to check in with the doc first.

I'm sorry that you are heading towards another surgery. But, at least you now have a diagnosis and a plan to get it treated.

Keep us posted on how your appointments go.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

Thanks @Marvy .If they decide I have to wait 3 months after the injection, we might be surgery buddies! It's time to get us both on the healing path!

You have had so many struggles, dear Sara, but I do hope the doc helps you find a really good surgeon for this release.
You're positive attitude will get you through this...but
You can whine to us whenever you wish...we are on your side!:console2:

I have had my struggles but not so many as others.

I have pain but others have suffered more and longer.

I have a path forward where others are still searching for th "You are here" on the map.

The surgeries and tests make me have to juggle things at work, but I have a job.

The surgeries and tests are expensive but I have good insurance and the resources to pay my share.

None of this is fun, but I live in a time and place where I have the ability to get things fixed.

Others around me can't really understand, but I have a whole world full of Bone Smarties who have become friends and family and they do care and understand.

So on this day, I am thankful for my struggles because they have led me to new friends and given me even more ways and reasons to count my blessings.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my sweet new friends!

I have a whole world full of Bone Smarties who have become friends and family and they do care and understand.
Yes you sure do @SaraK !
Such a beautiful grateful post.
Reminds me of a quote in a card I received after my BTHR

Gratitude makes sense of your past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.

Gonna get you well!

I love that you are counting your blessings, although you're facing another procedure. Many of us forget to do that with all the other distraction of life.

I hope you had a great holiday with your son and can get this next step scheduled quickly!

Beautiful, Sara, so beautiful.
I love your grateful heart. Thanks for sharing your blessings and gratitude with us.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and holiday season.
Hugs
@SaraK

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker