Knee Infection* Question about dizziness

Hi, @Susie-Q! As I sit here typing, we can hear Miss Felicity snoring, a cute little sound. It’s rainy here today, & a nice cool spell for the next week or so at least. Hopefully, the intense heat here is gone. Generally, it’s that way here in September. I’m ready for summer to be over, but, hoping to get the bulk of my tomatoes in first, they’re really good this year, & my Brandywine are Huge!
I’m sorry to hear of your foot problems! But glad to hear that you have orthotics ordered, hopefully they will arrive. Our son is extremely flat-footed, we discovered this when he was in Jr Hi…. He was suddenly in extreme pain. The Orthotics really helped him! His also took time in arriving, so his Dr fashioned some “ temporary ones” to get him by, I believe out of a styrofoam looking material. Our son in law also has very flat feet, & appears our grandson got those feet! Maybe Avi’s can be addressed early on. I don’t know how early the Drs deal with that.

My older sister lives in a valley also, in Northern California. They got a lot of smoke from the McKinney fire there, it was pretty bad for a while. I think it is much better now though. I’m glad to hear you situation is improving.

Thanks for the info on your puppy. She’s a lab, right? They have such a sweet disposition. We had a black lab/ Irish setter years ago. Lady looked like a rather slim black lab, but was a bit more hyper, & she was terrified of storms, & I was told later, that’s typical of setters. She had a “ security spot” , where she felt safe during storms, & we could always tell if a storm was approaching , as she would retreat to her “safe spot”. She was quite accurate! She’s been gone for many years, but I still miss her.

Well, I’m just noticing I never hit the post button! I regularly do this. We’re both taking it easy the next day or so, we got both the flu shot and, the Covid booster. I keep hearing that this will be an early, & bad flu season, based on Australia. We missed our vaccines a number of years ago, both got Really sick with the flu. It was truly miserable, so we’re pretty careful to get the vaccine early. Have a good day ( tomorrow), and enjoy that puppy!

Thanks for the update, Catalien. We had to put our old cat, Maggie, down last month, she suddenly lost the function of one of her back legs. The doc said it was saddle thrombosis, a blockage near the heart into one of the valves. She was 17 and it was her time but I still miss her. Glad to not worry about her anymore, it was a challenge to keep her fed, she just didn't have much appetite. My daughter is considering getting a ranch kitten from my cousin's ranch in Montana. She met him when she was there in Aug and fell in love. He's orange and white. She says she's going to call him Fillipe. :heehee:

The weather is definitely turning! We are still having nice sunny days and in the 70s. It's so dry here after a very wet spring. We haven't had any measurable rain in weeks/months. My tomatoes did ok, they are in pots so there was lots of watering daily and they grew so tall I had to get creative in giving them supports. My Romas started getting eaten by something just as they started to ripen. I would eat the cherry tomatoes and Sungolds like candy, right off the vine. I haven't gotten enough to really do anything with, other than just eat them.

Last edited:
Hi, SusieQ…. I am finally able to sit down with the pad…. I had ( still have!) tomatillos that hard to be put up, & now tomatoes. I think I am ready for that first freeze.
I am so very sorry to hear your news on Maggie. Even when they get old, it’s so hard to say goodbye to our little family members, cats, or dogs, or others. We’ve had 3 kitties & 2 dogs who were nearly 17. We both still have a lot of wonderful ( and funny) memories of them all, & we often reminisce , & it is a comfort to us both. Our daughter has a little orange & white female, who is quite chubby, and a real character , her litter mate, a skinny little Siamese. Now that they have the puppy, Racer, along with our 7-year old grandson, it’s often like a 3-ring circus!
I’m glad you’re getting a kitten, with their antics, they really can help us heal. Btw, when our grandson is here, we have a bedtime routine… first, Grandpa reads to him, and lately, he has specific favorite books. Then, I come in. He has managed to somehow draw That part of the tradition into stories I tell him of a character named “ Kasha-masha- Washa”. Mama made this character up, & my sisters & I LOVED him! I can’t remember her stories, so I have to“wing it”. He’s quite a character! But before, and after, Avi loves stories about all our kitties & dogs from the past. So they are all still very much with us.
We have been fortunate…our garden has done well this year. I’m currently “cooking down” 22 cups of tomatoes! They take up less room in our freezer, and make the Best, richest sauce ever! I also have about 6 pounds of tomatillos. Since we added our 3rd raised garden, we put our 3 big tomato plants there, so they had really good soil. Our yellow squash is about done, so I can make Avi some “ Grandma homemade squash this weekend; but our broccoli plants seem to be putting on new heads, I think they will take up to a hard freeze. We still have a lot of tomatillos… they are Really prolific! I wish we lived closer, I would love to share with you… I remember some of your meal descriptions early on, & you & Hawkie really amazed me with your meals! I think your families eat well.
I think our soup is ready, so I will close this. Have yourself a lovely evening…. Our are really nice with fall coming on.

After thinking about it hard, we have decided not to get a kitten. My daughter was recommending getting two siblings as they will have each other and will be bonded and I think that's just too much for us right now. I look around at my house and imagine the destruction that would happen. My sister has two brother kittens right now and sends me pictures and texts often about the trouble they get into. We had an orange tabby kitten a long time ago (boy) and he used to jump all over everything and get into lots of trouble. My bat scarf hanging from the mantle would get pulled down, along with the clock and everything else, I can just see it. And Christmas!!! We'd have to fence off the tree again and Daisy is now mature enough that she doesn't need it. My husband wouldn't be able to put up his Christmas train, etc..... So for now we are content with Olive, my daughter's cat, and our Daisy. :doggie: I love kittens, they are so fun and playful! Maybe some day we'll adopt an older cat. Maggie spoiled us with many years of good behavior. She never clawed the furniture, couldn't jump on counters (especially in her older years), never ran away and was a very easy cat for many years.

Here's a very funny thing I saw on FB about kittens: :snork:

Kitten definition.jpeg

Hi, @Susie-Q ….. I have to tell you, we came to a similar conclusion when we got Miss Felicity. Our sweet “white Queen”, Maia, had died fairly young with cancer. We had adopted her as an adult ( we had friends who were fostering her after she’d been “evicted” from her first home). This was just after we’d lost Cissy, & then her litter mate, Pepper, within 6 weeks. They were nearly 17, & we’d had them since tiny kittens. Reflecting on what Fun they had been, we decided we would again adopt 2 small kittens after Maia died, and I was finally ready. But we just could Not find them from various places we’d looked into…. Rescues, etc. and more & more, it just didn’t feel “ right”. With those 2, the kids were both home, & could help ( well, sort of….). Also, we were younger then. And, at this point, we had a small business out of our home, making handcrafted jewelry & keepsake boxes. Lots of heavy power equipment in our basement- and 2 stages, the oiling & drying process, and, the final spraying finish, we’d have it all, in pieces still, in our lives living room, on tables. A real recipe for disaster with 2 lively kittens! So we decided to expand our search to a slightly older kitten - 9-10 months, and just one. Checking the local shelter, we found Felicity. She’d been taken in, dehydrated, so no photo yet, but when my husband read her description, I just Knew. I said “ we must go meet Felicity!” She just came right up to us, curled up by me- and, the rest is history! We aren’t sure just what happened… and, she’s not talking… but she’s a wonderful little member of our family. ( actually, like most cats, she thinks She should be boss), but, truly, a good decision for us. You’ll know when, and if, it is right. And it sounds like you have 2 good family members in Daisy and Olive.
Our grandson will be here soon for the weekend… we’re excited! We don’t see him nearly as often now that he is in school. Our daughter is in Germany, visiting her brother & his girlfriend, with a planned trip next weekend to her parent’s in Italy. But the day she got there, our son tested positive for Covid! And then his girlfriend a few days later. Both are much better, but still positive. Our daughter remains negative. She, and her husband,and our grandson all caught it in July, and, she’s been vaccinated and boosted. So hopefully, she will escape it. Meanwhile, she’s exploring Berlin on her own. And we’ll give her husband a little break, & have fun with our grandson.
It is cooling here, & temps seem to be nice for the foreseeable future. I’m ready for fall, though winter can wait a bit. The fall colors are so beautiful … I bet it is getting really nice in your area.
I LOVE the little piece you sent on kittens!! I’ve saved it, & must send it to our daughter. I have to say, it describes her 2 very well….
I will wrap this up & send it. Have a lovely fall evening … bet Daisy is really enjoying all the dry leaves!

Hi @Catalien45 I love reading your news! Animals are great, though , and we love our dog. Unfortunately she’s attracted to my foot wound even though it’s well bandaged up. I am 4 days post op now after forefoot reconstruction. My thread is on other joints, bunion and more…

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom