BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. Announcing BoneSmart's NEW Joint Surgeon Locator tool

We are pleased to now offer a tool to help you find just the right surgeon for your needs. If your surgeon is not listed, please let us know and we'll get them added.

Read more about this in this announcement:

Dismiss Notice

Question about adhesions

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Recovery Area' started by Rowdy66, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rowdy66

Rowdy66 graduate

I LUV YOU GUYS, EVERY ONE OF YOU AND PATTIPOO ESPECIALLY, CUZ YA JUST CAN'T NOT.

This board is not only addicting but it is contagious. I don't know where you guys live but here in my little corner of Southern Arizona it is warm but a bit windy this time of year. Snow we don't get, at least not where I live. We don't get much weather at all and we don't have grass just sand and rocks and cacti. Luckily we have the wind and so we never even rake the leafs, we just let the wind blow our leafs into the neighbors yard. Not really, that would be mean, we don't have any trees in our yard that have normal leafs on it. As a matter of fact, our nearest neighbor is kinds green.

Thanks for all the knds words, afraid I was having a pity party yesterday for some reason. Didn't want Patti to be the only one who could have one. I can't imagine not have the knees done, wonder what people did before they had this surgery. And for you guys who have had this pain I am in for ten years before they had the surgery, my hat is off to you. I don't think I could handle any more of it that I have had. So thanks again for all your help and encouragement and kind words. Jan (Rowdy)

2. gatiger

gatiger graduate

Jan, I agree with you. Even with the bumps that I've had, it is so much better. I also agree that Patti is really something, not so sure what, but she IS something. (Note to Patti: you know I love you). As a 'landscape guy' Rowdy, what do guys in my line do out there, rake the sand?

3. Pattipoo

Pattipoo post-grad

United States United States
    Gat....a "landscape/Lawn irrigation" guy actually inspired me to have my TKR!! He's about 10 years older than me....I saw him in my next door neighbors yard...working his TAIL off...digging and trenching....I KNEW that I could live my piddly little lazy life if he could do THAT!!

4. gatiger

gatiger graduate

Coincidence???I think not.

5. Josephine

Josephine FORUM ADMIN, NURSE DIRECTOR Administrator

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You guys are nuts!! ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_tongue.jpg

But I love you!!

6. Doug

Doug alpha

Rowdy,
    I'm in Tallahassee, Florida.

7. Skeet

Skeet supremo

Rowdy, that Patti does grow on you like a weed! She's too funny and cute for words. Kind of like a cute little puppy that you just have to hug and hope it follows you home so you can keep it! She has lifted my spirits more than anyone I know during this challenging time. God bless her. He put her here for a reason, ya'll. We are blessed!

Skeet

PS I am in Shedd, Oregon, pop. <100; 45 min, south of Salem and north of Eugene

8. Doug

Doug alpha

<than 100 pop. Wow, that must be fun during the holidays. Does the whole town/city of Shedd have get togethers

9. Pattipoo

Pattipoo post-grad

You people make me BLUSH! I is what I is! Thanks for embracing my kookiness, but it's all of YOU that's helped ME through my ordeal....I wasn't as informed as I should have been....when my son's trainer said to me "Patti, you give me 4-5 weeks and you'll be good to go!", hell I thought I WOULD be good to go....I suppose he meant I'll be good to go get out of the BED at that time!!!!!

Dougie...WHAT kind of WIND did you send this way? WHOA!!

10. Rowdy66

Rowdy66 graduate

Amazingly we have landscaping, people like to move out here and try to make things grow that aren't supposed to be in the desert. Some people lay blow down and irrigate it. We do have beautiful flowers (bedding plants) that seem to bloom almost year round. There is no end to what you can grow if you set your mind to it. A few years ago we even managed tomatoes but they had the toughest skins I ever saw but that may be because of my black thumb. We, personally, like the desert look and only have plants that are here naturally, and no grass. There are a lot of new homes being built out here, some of them really expensive homes that have wonderful landscaping.that is done professionally Almost all of the developments have Homeowners Associations that dictate what you can put in your yard. Imagine that is every place though. My friend and her husband bought a house in one of the new subdivisions and when she wanted to put a couple of new plants in her front yard she had to have plans drawn up and submitted for approval. Now, where I live it is an older, much less exclusive subdivision (LOL) and we were lucky, the people we bought from had the landscaping done and, sensibly we left it alone. We have an aloe cactus in our front yard that is the biggest I have ever seen. it is over seven feet tall and I have no idea how big around. Our saguaro and pipe organ cacti out here are magnificent and there are several varieties that you see every place, more than I can name. When it comes to cacti I learned the hard way it is best to leave them to the guys who know what they are doing. They can spray you with needles. I looked like a porcupine with a burr hair cut. So landscaping guys have plenty of work and the good part is that they can work the year round since it is so warm here. I lived in a condo when I first came to Southern AZ and the landscaping crew that took care of the grounds there actually raked the sand everyday.

One thing I think we all agree about is Patti makes us all smile, sometimes right out loud even. I hope she plans on sticking around for a few months. She actually is right when she said you guys are the Ambassadors for TKR and I know as an Ambassador she wouldn't want to shirk her responsibilities.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow. Jan (Rowdy66)

11. Doug

Doug alpha

Patti,
    Told yu it wuz a good'un...

12. Pattipoo

Pattipoo post-grad

I had my first Ambassador gig this afternoon. The man is 70....both knees are rotten....can't stand for more than 30 minutes at the time and then he's down for hours. I gave him the straight scoop. I did NOT sugar coat anything but I was EXTREMELY positive. I described the "adventure" from the time he'll be admitted on Sunday night until being released on Thursday evening. This man had NEVER seen a knee replacement. He's READ about them but didn't have a visual....kids, I GAVE him a visual. He doesn't "do" computers so he won't be on here. He asked if he could come by my office to see the TKR on the internet. I expect he'll show up tomorrow. He's been putting it off, forever...can't play golf with his pals anymore. He was giddy by the end of our conversation! I'll definitly visit him and call him every day! I'll relay over the phone the info that I've learned here....and I'll keep you informed AND give him your well wishes. Might even print off some of this for him....would that be okay with you all?

It was actually like being WAY over prepared for a test....loved it, loved it.
    I wonder what was going through his head when I told him that it would hurt like a big fat monkey for a couple of weeks but they'd give him the biggest ol' jug of percocet that they could find.

13. Pattipoo

Pattipoo post-grad

Rowdy...when is your surgery?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.