Revision THR psuedo tumor after metal on metal resurfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silveraven13

Country
United States United States
I just recently found the site and it was interested in reading about people's recovery I was wondering if anyone else has had a pseudotumor.

I went in for surgery on December 31st and its been about 2 months into my recovery and I'm not on pain medicine but I do have pain in that kind of worries me. After my third hip replacement in 2010 I had continued to have pain and stiffness in my leg it finally had surgery at the end of December where the doctor was going to lengthen my leg a little bit and take out some metal around my side when I broken my leg in 2010.

I didn't realize my other doctor had given me a metal on metal hip prosthesis. At the time of surgery my doctor discovered a pseudotumor which she removed and then he had to do a complete hip revision.

This has been successful as both my legs are of the same lines now but I worry about the shoot go to were returning and the pain that I've been in. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with pseudotumor.

have a great day everyone.

@Silveraven13,
I am not sure if I had a pseudo tumor, but my surgeon had to remove a significant amount of soft tissue, as well as patch some holes in my pelvic bone. All from Cobalt worn off a metal on metal hip. Not fun. I now have ceramic.

I too had a hip resurfacing in 2007 and had a dislocation in 2010. I complained to my surgeon but he kept insisting nothing wrong. Finally sought other drs who ordered scans and blood work. This diagnosed a pseudotumor and metal artefacts in the blood.

My first surgeon denied anything was wrong. In 2010 had hip revision and new surgeon couldn't believe Dr#1 never ordered tests and when he got results did nothing. I sued him...

Doing 99% better with hip then along came shoulder replacement and last month total left knee replacement. It's tough going and still is.

Sorry I can't offer any help @Silveraven13 welcome to Bonesmart. Sorry I can't offer any advice but I will tag @Josephine our resident expert and well see what she says

Take care

but I worry about the shoot go to were returning
I assume this is a typo? Can you tell me what you actually meant to say, please?

Pseudotumor is a progressive condition caused by the metal ions in the blood which continue on for some time even after the offending implants are removed. If you have ongoing symptoms then you need to go back and see surgeon #2 who seemed to know what he was doing. You also need to ensure you get annual follow-ups for several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
MaxiHound
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom