THR Pros and cons of early intervention

I’m so happy for you that you set your sights on surgery and have a date. I just came back from my last hurrah camping trip for the season. Hiking, walking beautiful autumn trails til my heart’s content, scrambling up and down rocky banks to fish, climbing in and out of a fishing boat-these are just a few of the priceless gifts I have gotten back. I wish the same for you. November will be here before you know it. ❤️

2 weeks and counting, now it feels a reality; having to explain at work that I could be out for a few weeks. The range of recoveries seem so wide, I can only hope that it won’t be too bad, and concentrate on getting back to mobility.

Hi @Hurtiehip
I wanted to pop by with hopefully some reassuring words as you near your THR/Life Reclaiming surgery date.
I remember the anxiety rising when my date got closer, but I think you will find that after the first few days, you will be more mobile than you might think and I quickly discovered my hip pain was Gone!!!!
The discomfort was now all surgery trauma and I could deal with that knowing it would be All Temporary.
Definitely glad I went through my surgery/recovery because I am back to an active healthy life.:egypdance:

Last edited:
Hey @Hurtiehip
Stopping by to wish you all the best for your surgery on Monday. I hope you’re able to have a peaceful weekend. You’re going to love the result of this great surgery, especially returning to the things you love...minus the pain! :happydance:
Wishing you comfort as you await Monday. I look forward to following your journey on the healing side.

Thxs for the good wishes, I just thought I’d dip in for one last time with my worn out hip. Nervous, but more about how it will feel afterwards, as I am now sure it is the right decion (CT scan, shows it’s worst than x-ray showed, and there is a hole in the head of the femur). Roll on tomorrow morning. Good luck to all the other November nimbles, look forward to comparing progress on the other side!

Wishing you all the best for your surgery tomorrow! I'm sitting here six weeks post and realized I hadn't though about my hip pretty much all day! Hope you have a smooth, bump-free recovery.

Blessings for an uneventful successful surgery and a good, pain controlled recovery. Let those professionals do their healing work, let them know how you’re feeling and what you need and we’ll see you on the recovery side. ❤️

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mexicaliaguilas
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom