THR Progress Reports

@Newhip_Pol Thank goodness that grandson is doing well. So little to be dealing with chickenpox.

Welcome to the double hippie club. Technically those of us who have had both hips replaced in separate procedures are not considered bilateral. But there are quite a few here who have had both hips replaced (me included). Just look at the member's signature to identify a double hippie.

Thanks @Jaycey - I'm not sure how to find 'signature' ?
If you mean the header next to the photo/avatar then mine just says Jul 8 2018 which is when I joined Bonesmart. First op was 17 May 2018 and second was 10 January 2023.

@Newhip_Pol Signature is just below a post. Here's a screenshot of your signature:

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 14.16.51.png

So, that's week 3 done and it's now day 22 postop. Sleep not too bad last night. About an hour on non-op side in early hours then a short spell half-on operated side this morning. Leg still feels heavy with aching thigh, calf & shin but swelling has eased off a little.

Turns out Baby Grandson doesn't have chickenpox after all, just some other baby rash that mimics chickenpox - however the consultants had to work with the assumption in such a small baby. PCR test for viral DNA proved negative. Continuing few days oral antiviral meds 'just in case' cos sister definite chickenpox.Mum and Baby now safe home with everyone trying to recover from the emotional roller coaster.

So glad your grandson is home with the family. Now everyone can breathe a sigh of relief!

Keep icing and elevating as much as you can. Still early days for you.

Sorry I'm late to the party...yes, landscape view
Glad the baby doesn't have chicken pox and is doing well.
Just commented on another thread about remembering my post-op sleep struggles.
Get what you can, when you can...my friend.
Healing Hugs!

Thanks for all your good wishes. Had a better sleep last night - 11:30 to 4:30 with no breaks then 4:30 to 6:30 on non-op side (yay) - maybe because yesterday was a more active day with a visit to a local theatre to see no 1 grandson playing Miss Trunchbull in a junior production of Matilda. Great fun.
Leg gradually getting stronger and swelling is easing although leg still feels heavy. Also found myself 'furniture surfing' without the crutch despite dropping the occasional codeine dose.
Next outpatient PT check is on Tuesday at 4wks postop.

Well today is Tuesday and no PT check - got my dates mixed up - appointment is actually on Friday! LOL.:heehee:

Physio check this morning - all seems to be going well although I haven't been out walking as much as I should - I blame the cold wet and miserable weather! Anyway I've now graduated to walking canes instead of crutches, except for the awkward turn on our stairs. Trying to further reduce the codeine although still taking paracetamol regularly. Have some additional gentle exercises & stretching to do, all well within my limits at the moment. No driving and flights for a few more weeks :sad: so any planned visits will need to be by train, always assuming they're not on strike!
Best wishes to all hippies.

A belated Happy One Month Anniversary!
It seems you're doing well. You're patient and taking it slow and easy as you should. I agree that it is difficult if not impossible to walk in the cold outdoors, especially if slick pavements are involved as they are in my neck of the woods.
I hope you have a wonderful week!
@Newhip_Pol

:thankyou:Thanks Layla,
The support from you and all at BoneSmart is much appreciated.

Aww, thanks. We appreciate your kind thoughts and your involvement with the forum. :loveshwr:Glad you're a part of it all!

@Newhip_Pol Re: the "brick in your leg" feeling that you mentioned to @Shastamom, I described that awful stiff and heavy lumpish sensation the same way. I didn't lose the feeling entirely until week 12. I think it's pretty normal, and it will pass, so just hang on. :wink:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie