• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

[TKR] Problems at 20 weeks post knee replacement

Marykate

Country
Ireland Ireland
Hi , my Lknee replacement was 15th May 2019, I don’t know if on the right place here.
I was just wondering if anyone else has a reasonable large , hard lump sticking out , at the bottom of scar and slightly to left.
I know a few other people who had replacement and they do not have this lump. Other then that I’m managing , a bit stiff. But I am concerned as to what this lump could be

OP
OP
M

Marykate

Country
Ireland Ireland
I’m 20weeks post left knee replacement, but I’m concerned about a reasonably large hard lump sticking out around area, at end of scar. It’s not visible when standing, but very visible when knee is bent. Other people I know who have had knee replacement do not have this .
Has anybody else had this or have any ideas what it is

alexthecat

omega
Country
United States United States
@Marykate welcome to Bonesmart!
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.

Good luck with your recovery! I am tagging @sistersinhim and @lovetocookandsew . They may be able to answer your questions.

Carole4815

graduate
Country
I’m 20weeks post left knee replacement, but I’m concerned about a reasonably large hard lump sticking out around area, at end of scar. It’s not visible when standing, but very visible when knee is bent. Other people I know who have had knee replacement do not have this .
Has anybody else had this or have any ideas what it is
I didn't have that, and I don't have any ideas of what it could be. If that happened to me, I'd be concerned about it too!! I'd probably have my orthopedic surgeon take a look at it.

Tykey

big-cheese
My best guess is that it's caused by a bit of bleeding from the scar which will probably disappear in time, but I would also suggest its best to ask your surgeon, just to be sure.

lovetocookandsew

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I agree that if you're concerned about it, message your surgeon. I can message my OS when needed, and also attach pictures. If you can do that, I'd suggest it for peace of mind. I personally haven't had this issue, so can't advise you other than to say if you're concerned, get in touch with your surgeon just to see what he says.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Jusight77
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom