Hip Infection* problem

Hi @clodaghcov , I'm very pleased you're recovering. Enjoy your geraniums :) :-) (:. I hope you will recover more and more from now on. You're doing great and you have a really positive attitude considering the fact that it's even harder with hospital treatment and recovery with the corona restrictions in place. Have you had your vaccination, yet? I'd like to get vaccinated but, in Germany, they are excruciatingly slow. They still haven't finished with group 1 (over 80 year-olds, people with serious pre-existing diseases and health care personnel). I wish you all the best - Constanze

Thank you Constanze i am keeping everything crossed, though i think i will need to alter the way i do things to protect this special hip! I had my vaccination last week,i am sorry to hear how slow it is for you. Take care,are you back cycling?xx

Thank you @clodaghcov,
Yes, indeed, I'm back to cycling. Today, I did 65 km (around 40 miles) - along the Main and Rhine rivers. I'm actually back to running also. I signed up for the Frankfurt Ironman (June) and Frankfurt marathon October) 2020, but it's been postponed to June/October 2021. I hope more people will be vaccinated by then. My husband registered but hasn't got an appointment yet. He might get one in March since had had his 70th birthday in November. I'll probably have to wait until summer. I wish you a great hip recovery. Do carry on reporting on here about your progress.

The picture shows me and my new bike. Bests from Constanze

Attachments

• Constanze_sitting_on_racing_bike1_1.JPG
    Constanze_sitting_on_racing_bike1_1.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 183
Go @Constanze ! :bicycle1:
Forty miles, just today. I’m suddenly feeling like a slug.
Signing off the forum to get my rear in gear. :dancy:
Hope both you and @clodaghcov have a nice week :SUNsmile:

Hello and Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope you have a lovely week. :)
@clodaghcov

Hello, i am in trouble,i am being admitted for aspiration and iv after feeling poorly and a high CRP of 97,I have a very hot swollen red wound but no discharge either skin or into hip infection. Feeling pretty unhappy,my gp was great yesterday and did urgent bloods and Fluclox but i had to chase consultant to be seen anyway its happened now and i have to start fighting again.
Love and hugs to you allxxxxxxxx

I'm so sorry to hear this. :console2:

But full marks to your GP for taking urgent action.
It's a pain to be back in hospital again, but that's the right place for you at present.

I hope they soon sort out the right antibiotic and other treatment for you.

This is heartbreaking. I’m so very sorry. Will be thinking of you and wishing you the strength you need to continue dealing with these set-backs. As you know, we’re here for you always. Please keep us posted.
Hugs. :console2:
@clodaghcov

Thinking of you and hope you’re resting comfortably today.
Hugs :console2:
@clodaghcov

I am ok! They spent 6 hours trying to replace everything debride and clean so now its in the lap of the gods there is nothing i can do. We have the first results back which is very quick so my IV has changed toAnudulafungin so although i have not heard much about the bug i guess its fungi type. It will be 77 days before final results come back,but i guess its fungi bug. Now i have to start fighting again,since Thursday I really felt i couldnt do it. but hey ho life in the old bird yet! Thank you all for your support,hugsxxxxxxxxxx

Its good to hear from you and read that you’re feeling okay today. I admire your strength because I imagine some days it does feel overwhelming and understandably so. Please lean on us for support or encouragement when in need. You know where to find us.
Hugs and best wishes for your comfort and healing.
@clodaghcov

My heart goes out to you. I will remember how brave you are to fight this fight. Sending healing blessings your way.

please keep us posted.

So pleased to hear you're ok. Sending best wishes for your recovery. xx :console2:

Just catching up, and was holding my breath as I ventured over here to your thread, my friend. Wish it were better news for you.

They spent 6 hours trying to replace everything debride and clean
Jeez...six hours! Bless your heart, for real. I'll bet you are sore as the dickens.:sad:

We have the first results back which is very quick so my IV has changed toAnudulafungin so although i have not heard much about the bug i guess its fungi type
Glad they got results back quick and from what I read this medicine is a novel antifungal drug that is very effective against resistant strains so I pray it works quickly.

Now i have to start fighting again,since Thursday I really felt i couldnt do it.
I'm sure you are tired but yes, fight you must. I cannot do anything but pray and cheer for you so that's what I will do with all my heart.

In my work, the strongest people I’ve met have not been given an easier life. They’ve created strength and even happiness from dark places.

You deserve a break, for real.
Keep keeping on...I'm rooting for you dear @clodaghcov

Hi @clodaghcov , good to read your last message (hey ho :)) . I was so shocked to read about your latest trouble but I'm glad you're receiving treatment and that you're cheering up. You are really strong indeed. Good luck!

The pain is bad Constanze i am having tp pull every coping method i know,my arms are so swollen and painful with 6 iv lines in for 3 different antibiotics almost following each other ,but tomorrows another day and i am praying alot and asking for some extra help!xxx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back