Hip Infection* problem

:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon: @clodaghcov , I was away for a while and just now catching up on your thread. Hope your healing up well and not having too many bumps along the way.
:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:

Happy New Year everyone lets hope everyone around the world has an easier 2021 and stays healthy and well. Amazing! things are really going extremely well i can hardly believe it! My CRP is 15 whichis great,no antibiotics saw the Prof on Tuesday dressing can come off tomorrow and i can have a bath! I have been to orthotics and taken one of my Fitflop shoes to have a raise,they actually take the sole off thenadd a graduated lift then put sole back he doesnt want me putting all my weight through yet but will be soon! We have thick frost and very cold i just dare not put a foot outside but gosh i would love to! Speak soon,hugsxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello @clodaghcov
What wonderful news....please keep it coming! It’s well deserved and long overdue.
All the best to you in the New Year! I think 2021 is going be your year :yes:

Check this out...
It’s time to ring out the old year and welcome the new.
We invite you to be part of the BoneSmart New Years Eve Party on Thursday, December 31st. You will find many friends old and new dropping by the Community Room with well wishes. Please join us!

:new-year-toast-smiley-emoticon:

Hello, Slight problems but i am continuing to stay strong and focused, The ROH decided to send their nurse out to me at home to do CRP and take photos of wound,unfortunately it has come back at 41 so waiting to hear what we shall do. I feel ok,but bottom half of wound has been red and warm,this is why this action was taken. Everyday day i thank the lucky stars that i can just tx the Prof and he reacts immediately. Big hugsxxxxx

Slight problems but i am continuing to stay strong and focused
About all you can do I am afraid. Please keep us updated. I am so glad you have a great relationship with your OS!

Sorry to hear any bad news. It’s not fair. It sounds as though your doctor's are attentive and staying on top of it all. I’m glad you’re staying strong and focused. Prayers it’s only a tiny blip on the screen.
Hugs
@clodaghcov

:prayer: sending prayers and thinking of you... Glad you have someone keeping a close eye.
Please check back in when you can.

Oh no, so very sorry to hear this @clodaghcov. Will be watching for updates when you are able and thinking of you :console2:x

Aww, sweet lady, my heart goes out to you. I’ve read over and over how horribly painful dislocations are. As far as your CRP, hopefully it’s something other than infection, but certainly understandable that is your main concern. Please keep in touch, you know we’re here for support and a listening ear whenever you‘re in need. Prayers and hugs :console2: :prayer:
@clodaghcov

Wonderful news! Thanks for pointing that out for those of us unfamiliar with the normal range for CRP, me being one. Hopefully you’re on the mend from the dislocation and things continue to look up for you. :) Have a lovely weekend!

Oh... This really makes my heart ache for you...
We're they able to get it back in place? Are you home or in the hospital?
I'm so so sorry this happened to you...
Have they mentioned a temporary brace or anything to help keep things stable while you heal?
Hugs and prayers coming your way dear @clodaghcov :console2:

Hi @clodaghcov
It‘s two months to date since your revision. In light of the dislocation, not sure when it occurred, I hope today finds you pain free. You’re in our thoughts.
Hugs :) :-) (:

Dislocation was yesterday, they tried to do closed reduction this morning but could not and didn't want to harm it, so emergency surgery Monday and they are making alterations around cup which with this Proximal Femoral Endoprosthetic replacement is made like an upside down icecream cone. Just hope all goes ok feel pretty upset I was just sitting on a chair tidying my pj drawer! hugs to you all xxx

@clodaghcov So sorry to read of your dislocation! Just maddening! :hairpulling: The good news is that it sounds like they have a plan! We will be anxiously waiting for any updates.

:hi: Thinking of you this morning and have been doing so over the weekend hoping they were keeping you comfortable as possible.
Sending you all the healing vibes I can from Georgia, USA

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics