Hip Infection* problem

Feliz Natal e Bon Ano Novo.jpg to you too clodaghcov and I wish you and your family a peaceful holiday season.

I hope your son and his family were safe up Covilha way with the recent storms which were not so bad down here.

I sincerely hope you have a brighter year ahead whatever you decide.

Best Wishes2.jpeg Izzy xx

Peace and Love back at you, sweet lady.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and many blessings in the New Year!
@clodaghcov

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:

:wave:Hope your New Year is full of Hope and Promise, my friend.
:happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:

Happy New Year, dear clodaghcov!
Wishing you abundant blessings in 2020.

:happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:
@clodaghcov

A Very Happy New Year to all you wonderful friends

I have had to do alot of deep thinking and searching these last couple of weeks. I had a very difficult consultation with my surgeon. There is realistically a 50/50 chance of the infection coming back and he doesnt think my spacer will last . I am returning for scans on my spacer on our return from the Maldives in early March and he wants me off my steroids as soon as possible. I think it will boil down to reconstruction surgery but maybe a replacement or spacer depending if there are still signs of infection. I have got my head around this with tears galore. If my spacer looks really good i shall still be tempted to wait, but he would rather operate as an elective surgery than wait for an emergency. I have had a long talk with my GP and she has reassured me they always have to paint the worst picture because of legal issues! I am down to 1mg pred and shall aim to be off by the end of Jan,i have not had any symptoms reducing so far,I think my consultant thinks it is the prednisolone making me feel i can cope with anything. Its the first time for a long long time i have sobbed throughout a consultation,but no more, now i must go forward which ever way it is. Thank you for reading,love you allxxxx

My dear clodaghcov, my heart goes out to you. xx

You have been such a trooper and have given me hope and strength and I know how much you did not want to go down this road. I must say I had wondered how long a spacer could stay since they do not really 'fill the gap' so to speak.

Whatever decision is made, it will be for the best and always remember you have support here at all times.

In the meantime, I wish you and your family in both the UK and Portugal a peaceful 2020.

Hugs for You.jpeg Izzy xx

Dearest clodaghcov,
I'm sorry you're faced with a decision that feels so unsettling. I realize you knew this day would come. I understand it's necessary for the medical professionals on your team to give you all of the facts along with the chances of a successful surgery / recovery. All you can do is make a decision based on the information presented, while considering the opinions of those you trust. Then, if you're a person of faith, I would fervently pray and continue moving forward unless you're stopped by an unmistakable road block. If you're not one who prays, many here will be interceding for you. I truly believe that.

I will pray for your comfort and that you make the decision that is right for you. Also that you feel at peace with whatever you decide.

May 2020 bring you good health and perfect healing. That is my wish for you.
Sending lots of love and many hugs your way. Please stay in touch, we'll always be here for you. :loveshwr: :console2:
@clodaghcov

Just catching up and seeing you are coming to this juncture in this too long hip saga...
Much sympathy for your anxiety about this...

:praying: for your peace and comfort as you go forward.

I don't think we've ever communicated on here but I've learned so much from your courage, patience, equanimity, resilience. This is a tough decision and tears can be a necessary part of the decision-making process (I think many situations like this are the same 5 steps as the 5 steps of grief). As you work your way through this, please know that you have an entire army behind you supporting you and wishing you well. Just because we haven't said hello before doesn't mean we're not here!

Best to you as you work through this!

Count me in too! :flwrysmile: I never seem to have the right words to support all of you suffering through infections :boohoo:....but my heart goes out to you, and I send my silent heartfelt prayers for the very best outcomes through all the difficult steps. I'm almost embarrassed to admit I felt tremendous emotional highs and lows with just a single, uneventful THR - but you are well and truly entitled to Olympic swimming pools of tears!! Try to stay strong, stay with your bonesmarties, and together we'll all get you through this. :thumb:

Thank you everyone, i rely on you all a great deal for your sensible kind and loyal help, and also for helping me make these decisions,there is no easy answer but i pray whatever happens will make things easier,not just for me but for my loving family who go through it with me. Its funny I do not regret anything i have gone through i am sure its helped see another side of life, I go for my bloods tomorrow so i am curious if it will show change from reducing my steroids,chatting to my GP she said not too quickly half a week then a quarter a week and then finish,i have been so lucky they have helped me so much.

In my next chat i will tell you about my birthday present i received from my husband,none of you will probably be surprised!!!--Hugsxxx

:wave:
Wondering if any results from bloodwork yet?
In my next chat i will tell you about my birthday present i received from my husband,none of you will probably be surprised!!!--Hugsxxx

What was it??? I've been checking to see if you ever told! :) :-) (:

Well my CRP was 4 which is great! We have a new standard poodle puppy! I have just had my 72 birthday and we started our married lives 51 years with a big cream standard,over the years we have always had a big dog family,we love every minute of it,it makes us get going and although on crutches i still love to walk over our fields with our faithful friends. We talked this over and decided we could manage! we pull together and little Noah has bought us endless joy. Our other dogs have welcomed him into the pack and all is quiet and happy. Our other dogs sleep loose in the house but the little guy is in his cage by my side of the bed,he doesnt wake til 7.00 so everyone is happy!! Busy busy but that makes me the very happiest. Hugs to you allxxx

Hello @clodaghcov
Great news on your CRP! I'm very happy for you.
A belated Happy Birthday and congrats on your new fur baby, Noah. I hope he's a good fit for your family and he brings you many years of joy.
Hugs back at ya :friends:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mexicaliaguilas
Recent bookmarks
Back