Hip Infection* problem

So pleased to hear this positive news. Let's hope it continues.

Like you I did a bit of pottering with some potted plants in the week from my wheelchair. I want to get some seeds going in the next week or two ... I can do them almost any time of year here. Just got an Avocado stone to root and shoot out a stem with leaves! Have a perfect giant pot to plant it in.
Take care, enjoy your garden and hope the summer is kind to you. xx :flwrysmile:

:wave:@clodaghcov
I'm so happy to hear you are mostly feeling good and are getting stronger.
it is just so fantastic not to be in hospital this summer and just be able to live. Hugs and love to you all and just to add, I am so comfortable driving it really is amazingxxxxxx
It IS fantastic you have not had to be hospitalized and are able to soak up some of the beauty this world has to offer.:flwrysmile:
And I'm certain that finally driving about comfortably has to give you a great sense of freedom.:driver:
Continued prayers for continued health and happiness, my friend!:loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:

Hi @clodaghcov
How are you doing? I would really love to read what you're up to lately.
It's been too long since we've heard from you. I hope you've managed to stay cool in the heat we've heard you're dealing with. Please leave an update when you have time.
Hugs

@ Everyone Its been a few months since i touched base about myself,although i pop in and out to see how everyone is doing! It has been so fantastic to be at home this summer doing all the normal things which were not possible last year. I have gardened around 40 pots on the patio, a continual bloom from April time,it is my haven out there,when we moved here 38 years ago we had a pool which of course the children then adored but 10 years ago when doing extentions I claimed it back it is our 7 dogs and my paradise, ,a gate opens straight out onto our field, wild flowers are in abundance and the poppies have just been magical, everything is littlr paths a surprise round each corner, colour and more colour is what i aim for. It has all been possible on crutches,i rarely use my buggy, i must keep strong. We have had a wonderful week in Ireland our elsest and family live in Oysterhaven, 5 minutes from the beach, dogs and children swimming every day. We were asked if we could help with a puppy who had been returned to a breeder friend at 15months after biting a delivery man! our family welcomed her and put her into her place and althoughwill take lots of work,littlr Lola has become number 7 in the family,our dogs semmed to recognize she needed mothering and have loved and bonded with her beautifully. In 6 weeks we go to Crete for 3 weeks we are making up for last years disasters,Ella is coming from Portugal to house and dog sit again, so we are very lucky. My hip is never far from my mind, do i dont i,and i still dont know the answer,my life is good, of course could be better,but am i asking too much,do i risk it again, decisions do not hve to be made now but somehow i need my mind to be clear, dare i risk it again. Lots of love and hugs to you all,Layla,Mojo, Izabel and of course Fractured.xxxxxxxxxx

So good to hear from you @clodaghcov
The gardens you have created sound lovely. I sense your dedication and can imagine the pleasure it brings as you gaze upon the fruits of your labor. It's wonderful to hear you're doing so well. I'm sure you enjoyed your trip to Ireland creating new memories with loved ones. How exciting to be soon departing for Crete...you're not allowing any grass to grow under your feet, that's for sure!

I understand your hesitation in regard to next steps. You've had such a difficult time of it, my heart goes out to you in struggling to make a commitment either way. Prayers for continued good health and clear direction before making a decision. We're always here for you! Thanks so much for leaving us an update.
Big hugs :friends: :loveshwr:

Ola.gif my Special Friend!

I think of you often and can imagine you in your beautiful grounds enjoying the flowers with the dogs. And welcome Lola to the pack of lucky ones to have such a wonderful home and Mummy to look after and pamper them. :puppysmooze:

I admire you for your tenacity to get out and about as you do ... another lovely week in Ireland and soon off to Crete. I sure couldn't cope with all that traveling. Enjoy!

I appreciate your hesitation of thoughts regarding your hip as long as you keep infection free ... it is something that is never far from my mind. At five months yesterday I am finally walking short bursts with one crutch but still feel safer on my walker as my balance improves (I am practising Tai Chi for that).

Take good care of yourself, enjoy your peaceful surroundings and please come back and keep us informed of your comings and goings.

Abracos e beijos ...

Heart of Flowers.jpeg Izzy xx

:wave:Oh, so wonderful to see your post as I think of you often. :loveshwr:

I know that you are brave enough to undergo another procedure, but with all of the misfortune and scary times you have had...certainly understand your decisions.
I'm so happy you had a wonderful trip and please don't be a stranger.:) :-) (:

@ Everyone,thank you for listening and reading ,not a day goes by that i dont think of you all and the challenges we are all facing. The sun shone brightly today and i took my 91 year old step mum and her sister 87 out to the garden centre for lunch,it is amazing how much lunch they can eat,its so lovely to see them enjoying themselves,there is definately an autumny feeling in the air,every day i must dead head the plants to keep the colour going,leaves are changing colour such extremes this year heat,so much rain and wind. I feel exhausted trying to keep up with the oldies, they are much fitter than me!! Sweet dreamsxxxx

Hello and Happy Friday! :wave:
Autumnal feeling in the air...my fave!
How lovely of you to take your 91 yr old step mom and her 87 yr old sister to the garden center for lunch.
I imagine it would be equally fulfilling and draining. You did it though and a good time was had by all. :yes!:
It's always nice hearing from you @clodaghcov Thanks for updating and enjoy the weekend!

Just popping by to say:hi:
Hope all is well with you.:flwrysmile:

@Mojo333 I am really well,slightly apprehensive before my blood results tomorrow, but trying not to worry, abit tired been cutting back and tidying all my 40 pots! I really do make things hard to test myself! Done abig shop for an elderly gentleman who is housebound but does like lovely food, and finally taking the hounds round the field picking blackberries en route!! Jelly making tomorrow. There is a feeling of autumn in the air,the oak and conker trees are golden and its definately getting dark earlier in the evening, but I shall leave the sun chairs out, because the first bit of sunshine i am there feet up,quick suncream on!! the warmth is so so beautiful and when the blue sky is there as well what more can we ask. Thinking of you all,I am always around Bonesmart!! Hugsxxxx

You are amazing and good on you for being so charitable and embracing the best in helping make the world a sweeter place... :roseshwr:blackberry jelly on a homemade biscuit... my fave.:tada:
Hugs and :fingersx: for good bloods!

Just wanted to pop by and say :hi:
and wondered how you have been.
We are finally cooling off a bit after a hot, hot, hot summer and I'm already dreading winter even though it is mild in my neck of the woods.
My hips don't like cold and anything under 70F is Cold to me.
Continued healing mojo coming across the pond to you, dear @clodaghcov
:friends:

Hello :wave:
I hope your blood results were within the favorable range. I can imagine how testing would bring on some anxiety. You certainly stay busy with your gardening, walks with the dogs, devoting time to others in need and still tending to your own nest. You probably put some women to shame, lol. I hope you find many more bright days to bask in the warmth of the sun before you store your outdoor furniture. Those days are quickly waning in my part of the country.

Thanks for your continued support of others in need of encouragement here. It does not go unnoticed and is much appreciated.
Hugs
@clodaghcov

@ Mojo333 Lovely to chat, how are you doing with your double duo?. Certainly its getting chilly here,we have been in Crete for 3 weeks with temps of 31 which my body adored,we had a very lazy time on the beach,i was worried if i could get on the sunlounger,but,doing it slowly and gently perfect!,impossible to get in the sea but had a pool swim every day,i could do the pool steps twice a day but would struggle to do more! Ella and a friend came from Portugal to house and dog sit so everything went smoothly and of course lovely to have them,we had a week all together,they fly home on Tuesday and Tronty returns to Thailand tomorrow,so just us again which will be special. I have been mastering moving my plants into the greenhouse,large bags work but it does take time so the girls took over--thank goodness bless them, but its going to take a couple more weeks til its all sorted, but no hurry. These sand flaps that i have on the bottom of my crutches are super, I dont fall in the holes in the field, they were great on the sand and stop me slipping on the decking--a good buy!!

Bloods are good CRP3 so hopefully no worries at the moment---back to ROH soon and see consultant in December,each month that i am well i really count my blessings. The trouble with holidays is,you think too much and my hip was on my mind alot, but i think that is just how it is.

7 little and big faces looking at me ,time for a field romp before food,its getting dark earlier,but,its been glorious the last few days,we missed all the rain!! Love and hugs and@Laylaxxxxxxxxxxxx

:) :-) (:What a wonderful smile I get when I read about how you make sure you don't sink into the sands of uncertainty and make sure you find joy in the day as it is given.
These sand flaps that i have on the bottom of my crutches are super,
Must be the sand flaps!:heehee:
They sound splendid.
Love to see a picture...or I guess I can google?
Hope your Sunday is Sweet!

@ Mojo 333 Layla Hi Guys, time for an update,its been abusy summer and autumn, Tristan our middle son who lives in Portugal has been staying while attending a mushroom conferance, mushrooms are being used in many circumstances now and he grows and takes mshroom walks and courses in Portugal, he found many round our land and He enjoyed eating them,I decided not to try them!
I went to the ROH this week for a meet up with the team and another chat re what is ahead for me,i have requested no surgery until May but the prelims have started, when the clinic letter arrived today with all the problems i am still not sure its the right thing to do. I have 3 ins shortening so just use tip toe, there is no chance tey can correct this completely,but i guess the real problem is infection,even having an aspiration is questionable. My CRP during the last year is between 4 and 8, and i am now down to 2mg of prednisilone for the polymyalgia,but there still could be infection. I am going to see the prof in 3 weeks for me to have a heart to heart. This spacer can stay in, it may break or it may last my lifetime--who knows. Lots of thoughts going on as you can imagine! We are off to the Maldives in February heat helps us all! It is very rainy now,Christmas soon,i shall entertain our elderly relations so starting to get thinking. Still nastutions flowering and the tree colours are glorious,muddy crutches dogs and floors!! Hugs and love,thank you for listeningxxxxxxxxxx

I see you have your defenses up, as I can only imagine I would too, regarding your upcoming consultation...
Don't want to see your heart broken, dear @clodaghcov :console2:
As always, I live to read about your plans and how you refuse to let your tentative situation keep you from living your life.
You always have my admiration and I continue to pray all will work out.
Big happy hugs coming your way

Hello dear clodaghacov,
It's so nice to hear from you. I'm sorry you're now presented with the decisions your facing. I'm sure it's very difficult to have confidence in next steps. Hopefully with guidance from the team you work with you'll feel comfortable with whatever decision you make.

Sounds like you'll be busy with the flurry of activity the holidays can bring followed by your vacation in the Maldives in February. I hope it's a relaxing respite for you mentally as well as physically.

Prayers for wisdom, direction, faith in the team you work with and that you make the choice best suited for you.

Hugs and best wishes until next time.
@clodaghcov

:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
Thinking of you and hope you are doing well.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom