Hip Infection* problem

Hi @clodaghcov
I hope you've had a nice week doing the things that bring you joy.
You're in my thoughts and prayers for healing.
Wishing you comfort and a pleasant weekend.
Big hugs :friends:

Hi @clodaghcov,

I have been following you post for quite some time, but have not posted anything because I did not feel I had anything to offer that would help. But I feel I had to post today. I need to tell you, truely, you are my hero! To go through what you have gone through and remain as positive as you have is absolutely remarkable.

You remind me of my late grandmother (whom I loved dearly). She fought multiple bouts of cancer, and a whole host of other issues, and remained upbeat until she finally passed at the age of 94. She too needed to consider loosing a body part (in this case her breasts), which certainly isn’t the same as a leg, but significant nonetheless. In spite of her health issues she refused to let her health issues stop her from doing what she loved, even if at times (like after chemo, she had to stop them for a while). Sure there were dark days and many tears along the way (for both of us), but she was one of the strongest people I have ever known. Her motto was almost exactly the same as what you wrote “time to get on with it”. Again, you remind me of her.

While nothing I say can take away your struggles, I wanted you to know that you inspire me. I very much believe in the power of positive thinking, and you exemplify that in spades. And that even though we are only connected by a digital highway, all of us here on the forums with be with you as you continue to fight this battle.

Cheers

@wonkyhipoy Thank you for reading my story and for the kind words, life is like a box of chocolates as Tom Hanks says, but I love mine and have learnt so much and here i am still popping round the field on my pink crutches! i need to find an all terrain scooter the field is wet and muddy and my scooter would struggle with all the holes the dogs have dug. @Layla thank you Layla Im fine and upbeat ive left behind the worries and decisions and decided just to get on with it and its the best way! Everything is possible however hard and i love it all, though i do wish for sunshine! @ Jacey Thank you for thinking of me, Im wondering how long this strange October is going to last, darker nights and mornings but just beautiful sitting out with a coffee. Ella is back from her holiday with her parents in Portugal, her dad arrives early November for his mushroom conference, yes you guess it, he is a farmer in central Portugal a glorious spot but they have floods and fires too so he diversfies to other things that grow wonderfully there, the fruit is just amazing but their winters are like ours but still 35 at the moment.

I see my consultant again this week, i made the appointment when i was feeling abit wobbly, so i may cancel it now i have recovered!, a funny thing my CRP was 38 in monday, but when my GP did it on Wednesday it was 26, ive decided not to ask for the results anymore just forget about it! @Mojo333 thank you for thinking of me, Ella and i are off to the chocolate fair tomorrow, when needs must!!. Hugs and love to you allxxx ooh only other bit of news Mike has broken 2 ribs, he had cut some branches back before getting on the mower and they were very pointed, you guessed they pieced him, xrays were nice and quick and ive tied a scarf round him for support but pain, poor soul.xxx

Hello sweet lady :hi:
Thanks for the update. It's always nice to hear from you.
Enjoy the Chocolate Fair and have a great week.
Hugs @clodaghcov

Oh my stars...poor Mike !
Please eat some chocolate for me!
Chocolate helps everything!
Hugs....

@clodaghcov Just stopping by to see how you're doing and not surprising you are full of positivity and strength. I'm sorry that this is still going on but you are right. Focus on the good things in your life and enjoy it. Take care my friend! Hugs!

Hi @clodaghcov
Stopping by to say Hi.
Hopefully you had a nice week. How was the Chocolate Fair?
I hope your appt with the consultant went well last week.
Warm wishes for a great upcoming week!

:hi: my friend.
Hope you are doing okay.
Don't know how your weather is but we are topping out at 90F today.
I hear we are dropping into the 70s next week.
Fall in Georgia:shrug:

Hello friend.
I am glad you have been able to be outside with your furry friends and hope this finds you well.
My little pal, the real Mojo, will turn 16 this weekend so we decided to celebrate it with a "sweet 16" for him.
Really is just a reason to grill a steak and have some outside time.
He loves to ride with me on the ATV...so it will be all about doing what he likes (good that it is EXACTLY what I like too:heehee:)
Hope your weekend is sweet!:flwrysmile:

Just stopping by to say Hi :hi:
Hope you've been hanging in there.
Want to wish you a lovely weekend. :flwrysmile:
Big hugs!
@clodaghcov

@Layla Than you for keeping in touch with me and i hope you are well i guess you all celebrate Hallowean! the shops are full of pumpkins which always males me thin of you over the pond!! I am well, feeling happy i think! My gp has interveened and sent me to a Rheumatologist who was so lovely, he has very little doubt i have polymyalgia which would account for why my bloods are abit haywire, he is arranging for lots of bloods and MRI but these arthriticky things are really nothing but was interesting to hear a physician talking so differently to a surgeon!! The weeks are going on and my finish date for IV is Dec 21st but we will wait and see!! Love to you allxxx

@Mojo333 Love hearing about your little guy, gosh 16 what an amazing age, your lifestyle obviously suits you both! I loved our ATV and even though difficult for me at the moment i have every intention to get going soon. Really i am leading a very normal life just slow motion, but i feel great, its been a wonderful autumn but, today it has reaaly changed and is cold, but lots of thin layers suits me and thermal socks and Im happy though muddy crutches from the field!! Fancy you barbying, fantastic thought!! Have a great weekend, i have just spent hours peeling apples for the freezer. Made some delicious marrow and ginger jam, you really wouldnt know it was marrow more like apricot----didnt tell the family what it was!!. Hugsxxx

@clodaghcov Whew! Was starting to worry as we hadn't heard from you in awhile. Sounds like you are finally on the right track with all the medical issues. And you are busy getting on with life again. So good to hear!

Oh that jam sounds lovely!
I'm so inspired with your persistence through all of this..
Glad you are living life...albeit slow motion.
We can't wait for things to be perfect to take some time to be happy.
Wishing you a great weekend!

Marrow and Ginger Jam....Hmmm, interesting. Can't say it sounds appetizing, but what do I know,
Your fam likes it, so that's great! I love hearing about your daily life and the way you're engaging.
Nothing stopping you @clodaghcov
I hope you're having a great Sunday and I'm wishing you a wonderful week ahead!

@Mireille Loely to hear from you, how is it going?? Im fine time is going by for the next step but im coping well thanks to all the family, my crutches although pin are starting to look scruffy i may have to put christmas decorations on it. Hugsxxx

:hi:Might as well reinvent those pink poles for Christmas for sure.
Bling them out and post for us to see!
Hope today is a Good Day:SUNsmile:

Ola @clodaghcov ... I am wondering how you are doing? You are a role model to me and give me inspiration during my times of feeling down. I know you are not mended but your mental attitude lifts my spirits. How do you manage non weight bearing? I find it difficult as my bones are not strong with the Osteoporosis and being only 115lbs so not have much strength at all.

Two and a half weeks out from my spacer op I am suffering with all kinds of aches and discomfort making exercise somewhat less than a pleasant experience.

I have been having loose bowel movements every morning since Sunday which makes me feel weak but it clears the rest of the day till next morning, I hope Doc will cut my antibiotics to 2x/day on Friday which may help.

Sending you good wishes ... beijhos e abracos. xx

@ Izabel Oh I am so sorry you are struggling, it is hard and I ache as well, I guess our poor bodies have been so manhandled and been put through such trauma it really is understandable, the spacer is difficult to get used to, I squek alot on movement!

I remember a sports sphysio telling me ,keep clenching your bottom muscles, and keeping your ankles pumping and thats all you need to do, and in the Bonesmart philosophy we really dont need physio, i think just thying to walk with crutches is plenty for us! I had exactly the same with tummy upsets and is still not perfect, i am on iron supplements all the time so again hopefully will settle in time, I tell myself when i rush to the loo its getting rid of the nasty infection.!!

I do take alot of supplements if you are interested let me know, its so hard to know if they help but my surgeon told me to take strong priobotics and i do make kefir and take it regularly also my dogs have it!!

I have at least 3 ins shortening with this spacer which is inevitable but will be sorted when i get another hip i hope! but it makes moving very tiring. My IV drugs Daptomycin and oral ciprofloxin are due to end at christmas but i have learnt never to quite get excited about it.

It is very mild here flowers still blooming, ouur middle son from Portugal is staying at the moment he has been at a mushroom conferance, he is a keen mushroom forager so i thought about you, it is such a pretty area.

Keep positive, think nice thoughts amd hopefully it will help.

Love and hugsxxx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks