Lounge Doctor

Hip Infection* problem

Jamie

OneStep AMBASSADOR
Senior Administrator
Country
United States United States
OneStep Ambassador Icon
I hope you're getting some good rest and things are going a bit better. You have been through so many challenges, but you are a fighter! You are in my prayers...hugs sent from Kansas City!

OP
OP
C

clodaghcov

graduate
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi well I am still fighting with all my strength!!! Now having spent the day with the team I am going to be delayed for surgery by 2/3 months, all because of these wretched clots, however I am now pushing all hip thoughts away and getting on with life!! If I become unwell and chance sepsis I will have emergency surgery, but its risky. I shall have a venogram after 2 months and if the clots are going surgery will be quick. If not, another month to wait. My CRP continues to rise and is now 137 so I am not going to feel great, but we had a really happy time with our eldest over here for the first time in 2 years, such a great time, lunches and picnics out, lots of antique hunting and lovely to see the 2 brothers so enjoy each others company. Lots of love and hugs to you all, keep strongxxx

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
So glad you had a good visit with your son and to see the boys together.
. I shall have a venogram after 2 months and if the clots are going surgery will be quick. If not, another month to wait
I do hope that it can be done in 2 months with an all clear.:praying:
I can't think of anyone who deserves a break more than you, dear sweet tough lady.

Finding some good in every day seems to me to be your super power....keep fighting...
With you in heart and mind
:friends:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
You are a strong woman. I’m sorry to read of the delay with surgery and it’s cause. Thankfully your optimism allows you to move forward as best as you’re able in the interim. Prayers you don’t become ill, necessitating emergency surgery. Thankfully you’ve enjoyed some special family time creating new memories. I wish you many more of these good times. You are loved!
Prayers for healing continue. :prayer:
@clodaghcov

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Just wanted to wish you a happy Sunday and tell you I'm thinking of you.
:SUNsmile:

OP
OP
C

clodaghcov

graduate
Country
Bless youx difficult painful days but tomorrow is another days have had to resort to more painkillers but this is life,big hugsxxxx

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:hi: @clodaghcov
Hoping today will be a better day.
Hate thinking of you in pain:console2:
Here in Georgia....
Hot, humid, and with all the rain lately, the mosquitos are horrid.
Going to try this new trap!
Screenshot_20210810-053720.png

what do you think?:heehee:

Last edited by a moderator:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
That, Mojo, she’s a funny one. :heehee:

Kidding aside, I’m sorry you’re in pain. Will continue to lift you in prayer and hope things improve soon. :console2:
@clodaghcov

OP
OP
C

clodaghcov

graduate
Country
Hi friends,just a short update to tell you after pondering and thinking during this enforced break,i had a telephone call from Prof Lee Jeys my surgeon for me to talk through my worries,and between us i have decided not to have further surgery at the moment. It is huge surgery and i want a chance to keep this hip,i now have dressings rather than the wound vac and i am determined they will work,maybe a few probs but all doable! You have to say to yourself is it more difficult to get out a very long infected hip attached to my knee replacement or leave it in situ plus the problems with my clots. If or when necessary he is happy to operate and will be keeping a close eye on my not too great bloods, The ROC nurses will come every few days and do my bloods weekly,but i feel really confident we can do this,thank you for all your support and love will let you know how it progresses. Hugs and lovexxx

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
Thanks for updating, dear clodaghcov.
Good to hear you’re no longer needing the wound vac. I am sorry you continue to deal with these struggles. I wish it wasn’t so. It sounds like you’re working closely with your surgeon and I’m happy to hear he’s allowing you this time to see how all progresses. Prayers will continue for your health and healing.
I hope you have a nice weekend. :SUNsmile:
@clodaghcov

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:hi:
Been a bit absent from the forum the past weeks but glad to see your update.
I am glad to see they are doing the regular bloodwork and I hope today is a good day.
Hugsxxx

OP
OP
C

clodaghcov

graduate
Country
Just a quick update,i am very well wound is dry and beautiful,no dressings,Bloods all very acceptable CRP is down to 50 which for me is good with ongoing PMR Everyone is cautiously happy for me, i am leading a quite normal life,staying on the antibiotics for the time being. Went to the hospital today and Prof says reading about you and then looking and listening to you is like 2 separate people,its been a long journey and not over yet but by gosh i am fighting!! Hugs and love to you allxxxx

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
Well done @clodaghcov ! All your persistence is finally paying off. Wishing you continued success - a long journey indeed!

Jamie

OneStep AMBASSADOR
Senior Administrator
Country
OneStep Ambassador Icon
So happy to hear this good report. I hope it's just the first of many in the coming months. You sound very upbeat.....it's amazing how much a positive attitude helps. Hang in there!!!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
Such a wonderful and encouraging update, sweet lady. I’m so happy for you. Thanks for stopping by to share the good news with us. May it long continue!
@clodaghcov

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
What a wonderful update and good to read it and "hear" the positivity in your post.
My husband battled PMR a few years ago. Not a fun thing to have but, if it helps to hear, he is in remission now and has been for over a year. I wish this for you, also.

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
K9insight
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom