BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

[BILATERAL TKR] Problem 5 years out??

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Recovery Area' started by Perriwinkle, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Perriwinkle

Perriwinkle new member

United States United States
    Hi everyone, I need to know if any of you have had a problem with your knee aching, throbbing, and experiencing shooting pain if you try to lift your leg to a certain level, like getting in or out of the bath tub, or if you are sitting, move your leg back, and get another shooting pain? I saw my doctor, he said that the replacements are fine and intact, that he thinks that this is due to sciatic pain I have, due to three discs sitting on top of one another, and pinched nerves at L3,4, and 5, as well as curvature of the spine, but the thing is, my back doesn't really hurt! So, if you've had this, please let me know what it was and how you dealt with it. Thank you!

2. Celle

Celle FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello @Periwinkle - and :welome:

Looking back at your old threads from 2012, I see that you had bilateral knee replacements on May 10, 2012, so I'll put that into a signature for you.

It's a bit difficult to help you without knowing a bit more about your knees. However, I'm going to ask @Josephine , our Nurse Director to advise you. She will probably need to ask you for some more specific details.

3. Josephine

Josephine FORUM ADMIN, NURSE DIRECTOR Administrator

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Actually, yes your back does hurt! All those symptoms you spoke of are referred pain from your back. Have you ever seen a spinal surgeon? I think that might be your best bet.