Shoulder Arthroscopy Pre surgery question

LondonLady

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,
I found the knee forum soooo helpful, that I thought I'd ask...
I have a tear in the tendon in my shoulder, and need to have it repaired. The OS said I could probably go back to my desk job in a week or so. Is this vaguely realistic (or is this as big a fantasy as when the knee surgeon said that all will be fine in 4 weeks?):groan:
Thanks!

I'm afraid I don't know much about shoulders, but I will tag @Josephine for you.

It rather depends upon which tendon or muscle. Do you have a name for it?

@Josephine I'll return to the doctor on Tues to get the results of the ultrasound, so I'll have more details and will check back then. Thanks!

Ah, jolly good! The muscle I tore was the supraspinatous! This one - it's the one that works when you put your arm up in the air. Overall, it took me about 5 months to even improve.

View attachment 58052

Hmmm... I have a lot of pain raising my arm and extending it, like when you are putting a shirt on. May well be this one.:chinstroke:
I need to arrange some time from work (not a problem, thank goodness). If I need an extended time off, I don't want to just arrange for a week, and then not be able to go back when I said I would.
One thing I learned from my knees is that OS work on the geological time scale when the give you recovery times; one day OS time = at least one week real time!:old:

LOL! You got that right, my friend. My surgeon actually point blank refuses to give anyone a 'guestimate' of their projected recover time because - and where have I heard this before!? - every surgery is different, every person is different. Can't argue with that.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mexicaliaguilas
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom